We're Studying The Daniel Book........ Again!!! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

by Doubtfully Yours 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

you did miss one though Blondie

BrotherSelfRighteousBastard

• blondie
    blondie

And his wife

Sister GossipIsMyMiddleName

Children

Teenage Son: Brother DoubleLiferAndHisParentsKnowIt

Preteen Daughter: Sister IGetEverythingIWant

Preteen Son: Little Brother LeftTheWaterOnInTheBathroomAndFloodedTheConductor'sHouse

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    BrotherSelfRighteousBastard

Obviously, this is the brother with the stained tipped nose who's "reaching out" for privileges.

• coldfish
    coldfish

Good Lord Not again!

Those bible commentary books that do verse by verse are sooooo boring. The Isaiah book was worse, it was so long and dragged out it takes up 2 books.

I pity all who will be studying it. JW's are in 2 categories..

1. They already understand JW dates and world powers etc, and so don't need to study the book

2. Or they've been in the "truth" 20 yrs and still can't explain the JW understanding of the 7 times and how to arrive at 1914 from 607, so what's the point in confusing them again in a study.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Wow. The one thing I really took away from the study of this book was a sense of hopelessness. Every new chapter seemed to contain even less content than the one before. Every week, it seemed clearer that everyone was just repeating the comments from the previous week. Augh. I really feel sorry for my dubby friends who will be studying this again.

SNG

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

DY:
    I grieve for you, I truly do.

I was Book Study Conductor, when we studied it the first time. Their handling of the 1290 and 1335 days (Dan.12) almost "stumbled" me at the time. After going through the material several times I succeeded in brainwashing myself with the presented view enough to teach it enthusiastically. I remember getting some wry looks from the group, who obviously found it hard to swallow.

It was one of the few times I truly lost my integrity, by forcing myself to believe something presented from the hallowed halls of Brooklyn. I continue to have a sense of shame about it, to this day. It's been an important lesson learnt, though!

• Gill
    Gill

Hehe! This bloody book brings back memories. We started to fade, sort of the first time it was studied.

My older son used to hide his trousers before the meeting and cause apoplexy in the house. My husband would complain and huff and puff because he didn't want to go.

The baby would scream and wriggle all through the meetings.

The twins would have farting competitions during the study.

My teenage daughter would sit, red in the face, head bowed and speak to no one because she didn't want to be there.

I'd take extra heart medication because they'd all be stressing me out and embarrassing me.

All I was trying to do was save their lives because Armageddon was coming!!!!!

What a dumb ass I was... It's good to laugh at yourself......I think.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You all just crack me up with your list of attendees to this meeting. HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So very funny. However, so very true!

DY

• upside/down
    upside/down

Laugh yes Laugh Laugh Laugh at yourself (I do)

Because if you don't- you'll shoot yourself!

u/d

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    The Watchtower Society's 1999 book Pay Attention to Daniel's Prophecy!

So, Jehovah's chariot has had a flat tire since the late 90s?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit