We're Studying The Daniel Book........ Again!!! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

by Doubtfully Yours 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I tell you all, when I get home from work, I just want to prepare whatever meal and unwind.

When I finally stop going to meetings, I can honestly say that I'll never ever miss them.

DY

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Recently I told hubby that if they ever stufy the Greatest Man book or the Revelations book, I won't go at all to the Book Study meeting. He just gave me 'THE LOOK'.

DY

• blondie
    blondie

Why not skip the book study and go to the others? It's a small group, usually at someone's home so no KH visibility and it's only one hour. It does free up one evening a week. Why not get the Tuesday (or whatever day) evening diarrhea?

I warned you that it was regurgitation big time coming.

Do some research on Daniel 8:13,14 and the 2,300 days and see how the interpretation has changed over the years?

Blondie

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

As everyone knows, it takes at least three passes through each book for the dimwitted J-dumbs to comprehend their eighth grade level material.

Also, it takes that long to extract every nickel of profit from the product.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I just had a moment of clarity and correlation!

If people are told the same thing over and over again, regardless of what it is, they start to believe it as being real; Hence the practice of the WTBTS repeating the same BS over and over in all their meetings, assemblies, and other gatherings.

Gosh, it's so clear to see what the WTBTS is doing!!!

DY

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

They call it "repetition for emphasis". The rest of the world calls it indoctrination. If you stop chanting, you wake up.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Well stated, RunningMan! I completely agree.

DY

• lawrence
    lawrence

Why not bring a few copies of the 1958 'Your will be done' Daniel book and insist on answering from those paragraphs - hell it was breathed on by the G.B. - it must be true(?)

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Blondie's right! The 2,300 days has changed at least twice. Russell believed the 2,300 days were years and that it started about 455 B.C. and ended about 1846. Fred Franz believed the 2,300 days were literal and started in the late 1920's, I think 1928, and ended in 1934(?). (I'll have to get out my "Your Will Be Done" book. The Daniel's Prophecy book has it starting in 1938 and ending in 1944.

But it's a good thing we're going through the book again as we will have it confirmed that the League of Nations, succeeded by the United Nations, is the "disgusting thing."

• upside/down
    upside/down

It's intersting the comment about repetition and believing was made infamous my Hitler's propaganda minister. "If you say something often enough, people will believe it."

As for meetings I can honestly say I always hated and dreaded them. Even as a good Dub, it was mental torture. The fact that so many can sit there brain dead and afterward say how "enjoyable" it was, shows how far into denial they are or if it really was "enjoyable", how empty and unenjoyable their lives really must be. I would rather have the dentist drill my teeth, than be at a meeting!

I still say they could have 1 meeting a week 1/2 hour long, get to point and take care of business, then serve cocktails (like we used to do after BS at my house hehehe...) The brothers couldn't figure out why every BS had crappy attendance but at ours we always had over double what should have been there. That was because the conductor finished in about 1/2 hour and we promptly served cocktails and the kids broke out video games and we had a "good ol time" for at least an hour.

Study--- I hate that word now, thanks to the Dubs. so glad to be free (my blood pressure dropped the week I stopped going).

u/d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit