We're Studying The Daniel Book........ Again!!! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

by Doubtfully Yours 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

I like the title of the Daniel book "Pay Attention" Maybe that is what they need to do since they say Daniel was takin to exile when Jehoiachin was takin in 617 because the Bible at 2Kings24:12 says Jehoiachin was takin in the eighth year of king Neb. And Daniel 2:1 says Daniel was already takin in the second year of the King. Daniel 1:1 shows he was takin the first year of Neb.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Sounds like their chariot got a flat tire while toodling down memory lane!

CG

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Gawd, I miss the meetings ... they gave me so much to look forward to ... I mean, think of the glorius time using those yellow highlighters to color our paragraphs ... followed by getting out my colored felt pen set, and filling in the drawings ... before the days that the Society used color print illustrations ... adding a mustache and beard to pictures of men in suits ... then, on the way home from meeting, discussing how great the meeting was ... filling our minds with uplifting talk ... such as looking forward to going shopping for better quality highlighters ... thinking about adding rulers so we can underline the keywords un various colors that we highlighted in yellow. Oh how we enjoyed going through the Babylon book for the fourth time ... in a row ... and then going through the "Know Jehovah" book for the sixth time in a row ... yes, these were Freddie's books, but the GB still made us study them until we puked. Yes, those were the days.

• blondie
    blondie

I think the 2 worst books I ever studied (and restudied) were the original Babylon the Great book and the 2nd Finished Mystery book. It was so repetitious and detailed. You would start at point A and go to point D and back to point B then onto point P. The Revelation Climax book was an amalgamation and a dumb-down version. JWs thought because they couldn't get the points that it must be really "deep." Deep BS is right. It will be interesting to see if the attendance at the book study takes a steeper plunge.

Blondie

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I remember studying this book, and it was painfully obvious that the conductor had absolutely no idea what he was feeding us. We were confused, not by the depth of the information, but by the circular logic which assumed we would take certain facts as facts with no proof other than the old GB=Mouthpiece of Jah.

The inability of the r&f to ask for proof whithout being classed as disloyal or stupid has saved this organization its membership. In any other situation, getting such hogwash as answers and then seeing that the hogwash is coming from the Leadership of the group would have most intelligent people running away in droves.

Jean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit