Orangefatcats Surgery

by orangefatcat 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Hey OFC, check your email, as I just sent you one.

Mary

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

OFC - hugs. Pain in the hip is close enough to pain in the arse. I'm glad you're in a position to get it taken care of. It will go just fine!

Ask your doc about giving your own blood and having it on hand. Nothing matches your blood type like your own. Common practice these days. Don't worry about the blood issue. it's only another JW mind-control issue. Funny how it is when we encounter these old triggers, eh?

Keep us posted. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Bren

• Forscher
    Forscher

Hey OFC! Wish you the best. I'm sure you'll get through it fine!

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

(((Ofc))) You will be in my thoughts and prayers...and knowing you, you'll be up and dancing in no time! Keep us informed!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Hey OFC,

Not to worry!

My mother had full hip replacement at age 58 with a transfusion. (she was df'd in 1973 for smoking and stayed that way) and was able to walk around fine for the rest of her life. I will be thinking about you and sending good vibes your way.

HappyDad

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Good luck and don't forget to squeeze the nurses.

• Been there
    Been there

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!! They sure do like to drag out the worry tho don't they?

My Granny had a total hip replacement when she moved back to Canada, she was 80 something. She did very well and had NO blood, being JW & all. Everything went fine and she enjoyed being pain free................so she could get a few more years in selling magazines.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Good luck!

lots of love

Eyeslice

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

(((( OrangeFatCat))))

Wish you luck - and wil think of you.

Branda

• Xandria
    Xandria

((Terry)):

I know surgery is a scary process. When I had surgery I explained my fears to my doctor. Including the feelings regarding blood. He suggested that I store my own blood, if I had concerns. I felt better having that option even though I did not need it. It made the process eaiser for me.

When you get out of surgery you will be groggy, disoreintated and thirsty! But it will pass, the nurses will be there and many (that I had) were wonderful in helping me.

The one thing I am going to suggest for preparation:

Recover and Comfort Pillows:

www.bodyblockers.com The "Abduction Pillow"

One person suggested a walkie talkie w/ charger so people did not have to hover over her.

Lots of books, magazines, etc.

www.dr.leonards.com ** this I will recommend for other things too. The things I list are found here and I will put a ** beside them. You may wish to "stockpile" now so you have it.

A "Gopher" reacher because there are things you will need but cannot access.

A long handled sponges

Safety grip handles for your tub**

Bath Chairs **

Hanging basket

Hand Basket so you don't have to make multiple trips.

Crockpot so you can have easy meals.

Precooked and frozen meals ahead of time, so it is easier on everyone.

Gold Bond Medicated lotion for the itchy feelings.

Places to find the pillows, the sock cones, the shoe horns, bed blocks, elastic shoe strings to transform regular comfortable tie shoes into slip ons, elevated toliet seats, etc.

www.hipandknees.com

www.makemeheal.com

www.arthritissupplies.com

"The Wright Stuff"

www.caregiverproducts.com is a good resource too.

Wishing you the best.

Xandria

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit