Orangefatcats Surgery

by orangefatcat 36 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

OFC:
    Hope it goes well with ya. It's a commonplace operation, these days (even our small island hospital does it), so the prognosis is good

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Wow thanks all of you for your support and input especially with regards to storing my own blood. I didn't even think of that and I have known other people who do that before their operations. I think my mind was stuck in Park with regards to the blood transfusion. Now I can go from Neutral to Drive full speed ahead, with all these suggestions.

Xandria. Are you involved in the medical field or are you a proffessional patient??

I have got most of the things you have suggested. As I started months ago with the help of my Occuptional Therapist and a Physiotherapist. They come to my home. I already have a bath transfer seat, a commode, special oniments with cortisteroids in them. I have plenty of dressing and surgical tape , alcohol, slippers jammies, socks. I also have a bedside table like they have in the hospital. I am waiting for an electric lift chair. I also have fore arm crutches. All I really need is some new pillows as you suggested and mouth wash and tooth paste. I love crosswork puzzles they are my favourite pass time next to my scrapbooking. I think I may work on that while I am in the rehabilation part of the hospital for two weeks. I love reading true stories of crime. One of my favourite writers on crime is Max Haines.

Well I think I can forge ahead and get the blood transfusions started asap...

Love to all of you. Your thoughts and prayers and good vibes I feel them already.

Orangefatcat. aka

Terry..

• bem
    bem

Hi OFC, I just wanted to add my hugs, and I'll be supporting you with thoughts of a good recovery.

Dorothy

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Hi Dorthy, thanks for your positive thoughts , I feel them all coming my way. I also want to thank you for your Christmas Card its was really nice.

Well I hope all goes well with the surgery. I am kind of a chicken. But I will get over it.

Love

Orangefatcat xoxox

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

when i had my appendix out, i took a little picture of my son with me into the operating room (it was in the pocket of my gown). when they were prepping me, i showed the picture to one of the nurses and she squeezed my hand and i felt better...(i still remember her face to this day... she kinda looked like perry mason's secretary), only older. anyway, it's normal to feel scared, but you'll do just fine. you'll be back on those little buttered feet in no time. in the meantime, i'll keep sending good thoughts in your direction

see? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

• Beans
    Beans

Good Luck sister! My Dad had this dome but his is not metal, he walked with a limp for so long that the limp is still there but he has no more arthritic pain.

Thanks for the X-mas card!!!!

• talley
    talley

Wishing you a successfuly surgery and speedy recovery, Terry.

And don't forget the cod liver oil, got to keep that metal on metal lubed, 'ya know. hehehe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit