100mph winds

by LittleToe 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Glad to hear you survived the night. I hope that wind settles down now.

Boy, you would think with all these natural occurances happening that the *gasp* Great Tribulation is coming and then *faint* Armegedon!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Glad you're safe LT! Wind is the most irritating of all God's elements ;-)

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Glad you're safe, LT.

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

The weather has been terrible further South as well. Not much damage in my neck of the woods, but I thought I should work at home today just in case.

We are also having heavy hail showers and lightening which is a pain but no structural damage or injuries. LT's area is one of the worst affected, and the most Southerly areas. Here in the middle it hasn't been as bad.

LT - I can send you a crate of Pot Noodles to keep you going - in case the weather doesn't improve!

FF

• Angharad
    Angharad

Glad you didnt fly away Ross !

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Six:
    It ruffled my pointy head, and I would have been really scared if there'd been lightning strikes
    LOL

FF:I've got plenty of food in, thanks.
    I nipped out to get some more coal, today.
    The roof had been completely ripped off the building adjacent to where I work!!!
    I'm glad things are better where you are.

The last time I saw weather like this was the NewYear of 2000/1.
    It's far more settled now (at least enough for a plane to land, albeit late), but it's looking like brewing up again. The schools are shut for the rest of the week.

A report just came in on the news that several died.
    I'm not sure about the details of that...

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter
    A report just came in on the news that several died.
    I'm not sure about the details of that...

Yup - I saw it on the news tonight - a family of 5 killed when they were making their way from Benbecula to Uist via the causeway. A huge wave came up and washed their car into the water. They were on their way to a friends home because they thought they would be safer. Grandparents, parents and kids. Really heart rending.

Events of the last week really illustrate how insignificant we are against the phenomenal power of Nature.

Glad things are better LT - unfortunately sometimes there can be a downside to living in such a beautiful part of the world.

I nipped out to get some more coal, today

That brings back memories - we had a coal fire when I was very young and you can't beat it for atmosphere and heat on a dark Winter night. The only drawback was that my parents always argued about who had to bring the coal in when the weather was bad! Not much fun filling a big pail of the stuff with the rain coming down down in torrents! How I laughed.....

FF

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Stilla:

and you will not be able to get to England

And you still say there isn't a God in heaven?

Very clever -sat here laughing my ass off

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Stilla:

FF:
    I've been over that causeway dozens of times (even though it's on adjacent islands, as it's on my patch of Hospitals and Doctor's Practices).

There are stone walls on both sides of the causeways, so it must have been quite some wave
    It really was a rotten night. It wasn't safe to walk to the car, far less drive it.

All is calm, now, though. It's chilly, but the sun is shining.
    A good day for a funeral, if there is such a thing...

• fifi
    fifi

Glad you're OK. I wanted to send you a message before, but have been having trouble with my server (again).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit