100mph winds

by LittleToe 45 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

That'll teach me to eat beans on toast, yesterday!!!
    The wind is REALLY picking up and the town is clearing as everyone is getting sent home from work.
    We're expecting 100mph gusts here, on the West coast of Scotland.

I'm gonna go home and get cosy, with a roaring coal fire. It's just as well our houses are built for severe weather!

I hope the phonelines don't come down!!!

• Mary
    Mary

The weather seems to be really bizarre in alot of places right now.........the Sierra Nevada mountains I heard have 19 FEET of snow!!! California's getting hammered with tons of rain, snow and now mudslides.............I think we're supposed to get freezing rain around here later on today...............YUCK!!

• franklin J
    franklin J

oh no! It must be armageddon!

quick; store some food for the persecution!...and lets all sing some kingdom songs!

• franklin J
    franklin J

...and Ross, stop eating beans....the effect is catastrophic for those around you!

• JH
    JH

Here in Montreal, the temperature should reach 11C (52F) on thursday. This is very unusual for January. We should have lows of -20C at night and highs of -10C during the day this time of year. Unusual weather all around the globe at the same time...

• Mutz
    Mutz

I noticed the wind starting to pick up down here in East Angular.
    I don't think we are going to get it too bad this time though.
    Good luck up there, don't try any kite flying etc. :)

• teejay
    teejay

A "roaring coal fire"? Never heard of it.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

teejay, a roaring caol fire is possible depending on the amount of kerosene and other petrol products you apply ...

• The JellyBaby
    The JellyBaby

Hold on to your hats Littletoe.....A Beautiful part of the country -West Scotland...Spent a lovely December in Gairloch (spelling???) a few years back. It was the sunniest warmest part of the British Isles one week, then under 6 ft of snow the next...Bury yourself under the duvet with some old Irn Bru.

• Xena
    Xena

Be safe (((((LT))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit