100mph winds

by LittleToe 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

The winds topped 90mph a little south of you where we are. Pretty wild...it was really noisy! It unsettled the dogs a bit, but we were all alright. I hope you're OK!

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Littletoe!

Wrap up and stay safe.

Everyone else, try not to panic! As I was trying to explain to a panic stricken, apocalyptic preaching 'born again christian gentleman' today, as he gave us a life to school, 'it's just another day on planet Earth!'

Take care people,

Gill

• Simon
    Simon

So, not going out on the ferry then ?!

Hold on to your hats Littletoe

Never mind the hat - for the love of god, KEEP HOLD OF THE KILT !!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Never mind the hat - for the love of god, KEEP HOLD OF THE KILT !!

LMAO !!

• Gill
    Gill

oooooooooooooooooooh! My goodness me!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Power has been off for a couple of hours here, so I'm running on laptop battery - fortunately the phonelines are holding out, and I nave plenty of candles. They aren't the best, for reading the keyboard, though, so guess who is going to go to touch-typing lessons when things get back to normal?

I nipped over the road to my neighbour, to take them a flask of hot water (I'm one of the few folks left with a gas hob/oven) and on my return found I'd lost a few slates off of the roof.
    In these winds (that nearly took me off my feet) a slate doesn't stop until it's gone right through you!!!
    So, needless to say, I shan't be venturing out again tonight!

The town is going to be shut down tomorrow, too.
    There was a tree down, when I drove home, earlier.

• el jarocho mayor
    el jarocho mayor

Stay safe LT

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

wow, LT, please take care. You are now experiences hurricane strength winds. I think about Catogary 2-3.

Please keep everything battened down.

Hugs,

Joy

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

LittleToe, perhaps you should venture into a nearby Kingdumb Hall and wait the storm out. Those building have an anecdotal reputation for surviving all sorts of catastrophes.

I saw the devastated looks on the faces of many JWs after a flood took out three out of three KHs in one town. I understand why they were so perplexed, it didn't meet the divine protection standard implied at every Convention.

This tribulation will be momentary, if not light. Stay low...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Wow, that wind is getting up!!!
    I'm finding draughts in my house where I didn't know I had draughts!!!

I sure am glad I didn't close up that chimney!!! It would be freezing in here without this fire!!!
    It's just as well it's not just for effect!!!

LT, ot the "overuse of exclamation marks" class!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit