100mph winds

by LittleToe 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

normal for scotland isnt it?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

This is only the third time I've been sent home from work in about ten years. It's above average, even for us.
    I wouldn't mind so much, if the power wasn't out. My battery is about to run ou.......

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

u better pur your thermal undies on LT!

• Princess
    Princess

Good god man...tell me you have plenty of Glenmorangie!

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

Stay away from the windows!! We had a big "wind storm" here last year...it was louder than any wind I'd ever experienced. I jokingly said 'gee, I hope the windows don't crash in on us.' Found out the next day that many windows had indeed been smashed in by the wind. It was very unusual for us...last storm like that was about a hundred years ago. Be safe LT!

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Sounds like you're well prepared to ruggedly wait it out. Glad you were able to do a kind deed and get home safely instead of being wisked away to Oz.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

and you will not be able to get to England (by road or rail anyway) as I am told Carlisle is cut off by floods

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Thanks for the well wishes, all.
    Power resumed in the last hour, but the damage outside is chronic.

Neighbours have lost ridge-tiles and slates, I've lost about two dozen slates which are strewn around the house. Bins (trashcans) are lying in the street. I have a cast iron seat, on the back lawn, that was blown aside and over.

The wind hasn't abated enough to effect repairs, but at least it's dropped enough that I needn't worry about flying debris.

This morning I've turned the heating right up, because the house is freezing.

Stilla:

and you will not be able to get to England

And you still say there isn't a God in heaven?

Princess:
    You just knew I had to have a bottle of the good stuff stashed away somewhere, didn't ya?

• Gill
    Gill

LittleToe,

Glad to hear you survived without TOO much damage. Just enough to be going on with.

Wrap up and stay safe.

Gill

• under74
    under74

Good to hear the worst is over LT. I hope nobody got hurt in your town...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit