The Holocaust - do we need to know?

by eyeslice 197 Replies latest jw friends

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

We need to keep the Holocost in front of us, no matter what it takes. This same systematic genocide is still taking place, this time it in Africa.

If you don't like films, docu-drama movies, documentaries. Fine, don't watch them. But if one picture is worth a thousand words.... the effect of a living, moving memorial is priceless.

Schindler's List was Speilberg giving back for what had earned. The subject happened to be a German Capitalist who ended up saving over 1,000 lives. The Pianist was incredible as life in the post-evacuated ghetto where he would have been shot if he had not kept in hiding. BBC's World At War, 30 years ago, is incredible, especially with the 4 added DVD's. Band of Brothers says it like it was.

To see the atrocities even inflicted from one (happens to be jew) person to another (happens to be jew) person was just incredible. Walking over dead bodies in the ghetto streets because you weren't of their class. You can't hide here because we decided we don't have enough room. I'm not going to share because I don't have enough. Human nature.

After seeing these two movies specifically, then seeing the wall Isreal is putting up around Palestine, and the check points and the round-a-bout way Palestinians have to travel to get to work or to school.... I want to shout "Hey! Don't you remember Warsaw?! Why are you now the abusers?"

As an American, my generation, and the previous 3 generations have not seen our country attacked and under the ravages of war. War has not disrupted our lives in any way since WWII. War does not disrupt our lives even today! But we need to SEE what it does to understand, especially here in our padded US.

Brenda

Psst: Peace begins with me - pass it on!

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

NOT ONLY THE HOLOCAUST !!! ... ALL OF THEM

• Aikon
    Aikon

Talking about the Rusians, in 1932 - 33 Was the masive genocide in Ukraine or know as The Artificial Famine

During that time some 7 to 10 million Ukrainians were starved to death by Stalin.

And what did the west do, absolutly nothing and the governments of USA and Britain had knowledge of this mass genocide but choose to turn a blind eyes to this artificial famine as to not upset Stalin. what a bunch of hypocits!!

Aikon

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Ok, now, as far as the Jews and their "persecution", this has been happening for a thousand years in Europe. The issues is that Judaism encourages education and working hard for yourself. Catholicism was in the business of keeping the people dependant on the Church - uneducated and feed their spiritual manna at the whim of the Church.

Well, here you had Jews now working as banker, accountants, tailors, shop keepers, etc., because they were educated trained in business and the christians were not. So it's the Jew's fault because they were capable of succeeding in business, and the chrisians were getting poorer.

I think no matter what the motive, the Holocost should remain in our minds, and in the minds of the next generations to come. Not to pity the Jews, gypsies, JWs, etc., but to know what it was, and attempt to keep it from happening again.... not that it will.

Humph

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Brenda wrote;

then seeing the wall Isreal is putting up around Palestine, and the check points and the round-a-bout way Palestinians have to travel to get to work or to school.... I want to shout "Hey! Don't you remember Warsaw?! Why are you now the abusers?"

Good point Brenda. Things like this (and Northern Ireland, India/Pakistan, etc. etc. etc.) make me want to shout grow up! Humankind is so genetically alike, we are true are brothers and sisters; so why all the hatred between people of a slightly different skin colour or a slighlty different religious view?

Eyeslice

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

PS

There was an anti-semetic Skinhead ralley here in the Multnomah Village neighborhood yesterday. There was a peace rally here that coincided with it.

Now why would the skinheads target our liberal neighborhood? Probably because of the Mittelmen Jewish Community Center a mile away, and the Synogog 2 miles away.

Anti-semitism doesn't cut it here even amoungst the non-jews.

• avishai
    avishai
    There was an anti-semetic Skinhead ralley here in the Multnomah Village neighborhood yesterday. There was a peace rally here that coincided with it.

Some of the bastards that killed my girlfriend in portland might have been there. She was an ex skin, they saw her with her hair grown out and wrapped her in barbed wire and kicked her to death. Only one of them was ever caught but he died before he could be prosecuted.

• Realist
    Realist

midget,

i am not saying the US is a helpless puppet to the jewish lobby. there are many lobbies that influence US politics. however in the middle east you have jews against arabs. the lobby for the palestinians is none existent. the one for the jews very powerful (under clinton nearly 50% of the cabinet members were jewish). the actions of the US therefore highly unfair towards the arabs.

avi,

show me where stalin persecuted jews because they were jewish. he eliminated everyone he viewed as possible threat...among them many political commissionaries and other leading politcal figures (like trotzky)...that they happened to be jews was coincidental.

brenda,

the reason for the persecution of jews in europe is manyfold from religious insanity to envy. the jews themselfs contributed to it by segregating themselfs from the rest of the population. this is a never ending story since their exodus from roman occupied israel. they were persecuted and thus sticked together more closely which in turn caused new persecution etc.

• Mary
    Mary
    Some of the bastards that killed my girlfriend in portland might have been there. She was an ex skin, they saw her with her hair grown out and wrapped her in barbed wire and kicked her to death

Oh my god!!! That is horrifying!!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

{{{avishai}}} My gawd, I'm so sorry for you loss. Yes, I remember that incident. Just aweful!

Realist, yes, the "Jew Problem" is multifold. But the thing is, it doesn't have to continue! So much of the persecution even today is built on myth and misunderstanding, the most common ingredients in racisim. All blacks are lazy and eat watermelon, all hispanics are gangbangers, all males of middleastern descent are terrorists. ad nauseum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit