Anybody have their tree/ decorations still up?

by Sunspot 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

No way we get it out before next weekend. I strongly side with my daughter against her mother who wants to clear the living room! Btw we have still the Epiphany coming on Thursday with the Kings' galette (a round pastry with a fève or "charm" hidden inside, whoever gets the fève gets a crown and chooses his/her consort queen or king)...

• Princess
    Princess

I spent yesterday taking everything down and putting away the boxes for next year. My living room feels huge without the tree!

Lights are still up on the house though. Steve was fighting a cold over the weekend so we left them up. Now the temps dropping and looks like snow for the weekend, might have them another week!

I love decorating the house and putting up the tree. Can't imagine as they are going up, how much I love to put it all away...but it's always so nice to get back to normal.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I don't have a tree - but all decorations - and the cards - will be there until the end of january (and some left the whole year)

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Well of course ! It's not Easter yet is it?

• Mulan
    Mulan

We gradually took everything down. The tree was finally put away last Thursday. The only remnant of Christmas is a sad, wilting Poinsettia.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Tree and deocrations are still up. My fiancee is Russian Orthodox and their Chistmas is January 7, so we will take the tree down next Saturday.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Well, our xmas tree from last year is still in a corner of the yard waiting to be thrown away....

We bought a fake one this year...and it is still up. Most of the lights on our house stay up all year long because once stapled on, we don't want to do it again hahaha. I do have some new ones I added to some trees out front that I will be taking off MAYBE this weekend.

It is such a pain in the butt to take them down...not nearly as fun as putting everything up.

By the way...how is everyone's electric bill??? Mine is TWICE what it normally is. over $300 for one month!!!! ack!!!

• nilfun
    nilfun

they'll come down on Thursday.

• kitties_and_horses_oh_my!
    kitties_and_horses_oh_my!

After Christmas I feel a strong urge for "spring cleaning" (although it's still the middle of winter lol) - I just need to scrub, get rid of the clutter. I scrub every inch of the house, lightbulbs to baseboards, and feel calm again. It's a relief to see smooth surfaces with nothing on them. Oh well, I've always been a bit anal about cleaning - ask lostreality! hehe

• myelaine
    myelaine

Our decorations are still up and will be until my Ukranian guy is quite sure that this "family tradition" is held on to for future generations. That's all fine, but... when is Ukranian Christmas over already?

michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit