I've had it....

by Country_Woman 38 Replies latest jw friends

• morty
    morty

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((Country_Women)))))))))))))))))))))))

I am so sorry love....

I know how much you loved your dog and how much you took care of them...

You are kind animal care giver...I know you treated your animal like your child...

I can only say again, how sorry I really am....

Your doggie is at peace now...

As much as you donnot want to hear this right now, you did the right and most humane thing.

Thinking of you at this time,

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))

Morty

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

I am so sorry for your loss. I am dreading the day my dogs will go. I can imagine your great loss. So sorry again.

• bem
    bem

Awwwww ((((((C_W)))))) I am so sorry. . We had a Collie that helped watch our youngest son. Really a great kid sitter and we lost him last winter. it was so sad. They really are part of the family. And this little tiny rat terrier we had. was treated like way better than I was when she passed away we mourned.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

It was so awfully sad. When we drove to the vet the thing that bothered me the most was knowing how scary he used to consider the vet with his needles and stuff. And the thought that his last moments would be accompanied by fear just paralysed me emotionally.

However, Leska got out of the car and into the vet's practise, and was just quiet, like he so badly wanted to be calm and at peace. Like my mum said, the vet examined him, cuz if there was anything that could have been done or tried, we would have. But the facts were that he was in a constant epileptic shock (sp). The vet gave him a tranquilizer and as that was taking him to sleep he got another attack. Even the vet was surprised about that. Then, he got his last injection and died.

Just what the vet had wanted for his evening, two grown women crying their eyes out. Leska was about the coollest and cutest dog i'd ever had.

• jwbot
    jwbot

I am so sorry. Seems like you loved your dog so much, and I know that dogs can sense these things and love back.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Thank you all for your concern.

Strange: I'd had 3 dogs, but Leska was MY dog and yes, it was vice versa: the few times that I have to leave him at home (my mother's place) she told me that he was constantly watching the door I left through.... The other 2 dogs are sweet too, but I only have these two for 20 months now + they have each other (and that is more important for them then I am).

Still the sadness I am feeling for this dog (my friend for more then 11 years) is not to compare with the sorrow that others have for their children... I am fully aware of the fact that he was an animal part of my family. Today I understand why my mother once said: I don't want any new domestic animal - it hurt to much when you have to loose it. That was when one of her little goats was found dead...

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I am so sorry to hear about your baby. I haven't been online for a few days, and wish I would have seen the thread sooner. You are in my thoughts, and am sorry for your pain that you are going through. Any plans for a memorial service? If so, let me know when, so i can send positive energy your way, and light a candle for you.

• PinTail
    PinTail

I have seizures too, if I pissed my self and craped my Dockers I would ask for bullet, I think. But for me I just walk around the house and yard like a friggin zombie.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. You did the right thing. It wouldn't have been good for your pup to lose it's dignity with loss of control. You were a very good friend for many years.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Oh Branda I am so sad that Leska had to go to sleep. It's awlful when we have to do that. I know exactly how you are feeling as I have had my fair share of putting my little pets to sleep too. I cried for days and days. I hate to see these beautiful critters die. It makes me so sad. Marco says I am too sensitive. Whenever we go out for a drive in the country we always see dead animals on the road and I begin to cry.

Sweetie you had to do it for his health and if you keep good memories of him he will live in your heart forever.

From one loving animal lover to another it will get better knowing that they are not suffering.

All my love this great big furry Orangefatcat sends hugs and kisses your way..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit