I've had it....

by Country_Woman 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Sorry I was a bit late with this. It is quite common for a dog to lose control of their bowels when they have a seizure. I don't know how you reacted when it happened, but if he has another seizure and loses control, whatever you do, don't yell or make him feel bad about it. He can't control it, and is already scared because he doesn't understand what's happening to him.

The Phenobarbital should control his seizures. My first dog had seizures like that, and she never had one again once she got on the Phenobarbital.

Why are your other dogs attacking him? That sort of behaviour will just frighten him even more. :(

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Wolfgirl, the peeing I mentioned was not during a seizure but under "normal" circumstances and why the other dog did attack ? I can only gues: maybe he was just "in the way" or she recognised him beeing very ill and that triggerd her....

Anyway the seizures did follow up within shorter times -now 8 times - and each time he was staying for the door to go into the backyard, and even while it was raining a bit he choose a place to "hide" himself behind a tree, only willing to enter the house after some persuasion.

We went this evening to the vet, he told me that the phenobarbital should have worked immediately but it did'nt. He examinated Leska and because there was'nt anything that he could do - we have decided to let him "sleep". Even while drugged for the final injection, he got a new seizure. I know there was no other option but still it was a very hard decision . I've left Leska there - tomorrow he will be collected by the crematory and I will receive his ashes within 10 days. We (Viv and me) decided to sprinkle his ashes in the dunes.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((((((CW and Leska))))))))))))))))

I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I don't even know what else to say.

Hugs, hugs, and more hugs.

Andi

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i'm so sorry for your loss country woman. having a pet that long makes it a member of the family. i feel like you did the right thing though. hugs

• Leilani
    Leilani

I'm so very sorry! Now I'm blubbering. Hugs to you!

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

I'm so sorry for your loss.

We have 2 dogs and lots of cats.

My furrbabies are my family and are nicer than most people I know and am related to.

• Brummie
    Brummie

How sad (((((CW))))

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

{{{ CW }}} I am so very sorry for your loss of a beloved family member. That is tough stuff to deal with. I'm glad your dear Leska is no longer in agony.

Take care, dear, be gentle with yourself for a while.

Hugs

Brenda

• Gill
    Gill

So sorry to hear about your loss Country-woman, but you did the right thing.

We had to take the same action with our dog five years ago. We still get upset when we talk about what happened but sometimes it really is the most loving thing you can do for them.

Take care of yourself and be glad that you dog had such a good life.

• Preston
    Preston

Even though I never knew your dog I could tell you really loved it with the amount of care you put into taking care of your pet...

I'm sorry there was no other way

- Preston

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit