Who cares if the JWs are right?

by new light 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    Everybody that says they would rather burn in Hell than live forever with JWs is not being honest.

Hi, momof5. Well, first of all, I think you're missing the point of what people have been saying on this thread. The Witness universe is totally imaginary. No one will be burning in Hell forever. Witnesses don't believe in Hell anyway, so I'm not quite sure what you're talking about.

With regard to what it would be like to live forever with JWs, I think the point people have been making is that Witnesses are not the nicest people to be around, and spending forever in a world populated entirely by Witnesses would be a bit like purgatory. But since that whole New System thing is just a fairy tale anyway, it doesn't really matter.

SNG

• new light
    new light
    And that they had their "15 minutes" and to GET TO WORK cleaning up the mess

Thanks for the reminder u/d. Thoughts of the Big A almost always led to the Big Cleanup, and then to thinking "I sure hope Jehovah leaves us some bulldozers and dump trucks." Mmmmm......that's good salvation.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Mom and SuperSecret............do yourselves a favor...........try, for just a moment, to put your guilt and fear of the JW organization aside and think freely and purely what your own innermost person is saying to you. I was an elder's wife for 20 years. I was involved with JW's from age 14 on and baptized at 18. My mom and sis are still JW's, as is my former husband. I've been to Bethel, I've been to the Annual Meeting and heard the Governing Body speak. Since I've been out of the JW's which has been about 6 years now, I've learned that the world is much larger than what I was taught as a JW. I don't want to say too much, because I don't want to overwhelm you with my own personal thoughts. What I do encourage you to do, though is to just be open to new thoughts and investigate at your own pace.

Blessings,

Terri

• momof5
    momof5

First of all, I was talking about what most churches believe about Hell verses what the JWs believe. I know the point they were making, I was just trying to be funny and make a little point of my own.

And Sunnygal41, thank you but the "innermost person" in me is saying that what the JWs teach is right and that is why I am here. I don't think I want them to be right but at the same time I want to do what is right. Does that make sence?

momof5

• upside/down
    upside/down

NewLight- we can't even find most of the civilzations that have existed prior (especially in the jungles of central and south America). Like bulldozers and shovels would help. Maybe we just nuke one side of the planet (while living on the other side) and when that heals do it again to the other side. What drivel. I don't belittle "God" and His purpose whatever that turns out being, just the Dub's and their belief structure that tries to put Him in a box all nice and neat. Heaven forbid their New System should be enjoyable- nope we're going to work hard cleaning up this mess and then we're gonna go to even MORE MEETINGS, and we'll each be responsible for a resurrected person and with our perfect bodies and brains the PAIN willbe even more exquisite--

Are we sure they're not sado/masochists?

I'm pissed for "God"

u/d

• momof5
    momof5

Then we can look on the bright side....We could all be working on a common goal with people that won't rape,kill, or steal from us (even if there are a lot of them in the org. I am sure God will not allow them to exist). And then when the work is done I would personally love to be living in a paradise with all of my kids and of corse those cute little lion cubs!

It is all in how you look at it

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

MSS is wrong doctrinally. 100% of all the dead will be ressurected according to the wts (excluding the grey area of those killed by God personally). So it does not really matter what you die as.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit