Who cares if the JWs are right?

by new light 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    So why then do we let this 50 percent stumble us? My dad was da'ed because he had a brief affair within the congregation....shit happens alot, all the time. But he pulled thru, moved to another town, went back to meetings and now he is an elder.

I don't think I know a single person who was "stumbled" from the organization because individuals were sinful - and I know a lot of ex-JW's. The problem is the organization itself. Even though, as you yourself observe, many JW's are disobedient, the organization tries to pretend that this is not the case, emphasizing the small number who are actually disfellowshipped while covering up the ones who manage to get away with it. They harp constantly how JW's have "love among themselves" while congregations are full of conflict and backbiting. They call themselves the "happiest people on earth" while most of the congregation is taking antidepressants, and statistics show that they are significantly more prone to suicide than the general population. The organization is blatantly lying about these things to make its public image more acceptable.

Then, of course, there's the history, as well. One absolute disqualifier for the JW's having the truth is their history of false prophecy. Deuteronomy 18 lists only two things that a "prophet" (which the organization proclaims itself to be) must do to qualify as a false prophet: 1) speak in the name of the Lord and 2) not have its predictions come true. The WTS has failed this test over and over again, yet continues to make excuses for its conduct and to demand total subservience of its followers. Any person who follows the leadership of Jehovah's Witnesses is following a false prophet as defined in the Bible. It isn't a case of "new light" (a misapplication of Proverbs 4:18) or "premature expectations". These predictions were made in Jehovah's name, speaking as his sole channel of communication with mankind. If they have failed - and they have - we must conclude that either Jehovah was lying when he told his channel to make the predictions, or the "channel" was lying when it claimed that its information came from Him. Which seems more likely to you? Why do you want to believe a lying "channel," when the information it offers is clearly not from God?

• catchthis
    catchthis
    Elders have been known to go before judicial commitees, but they dont talk about it, its private, if you go up to a judicial commitee they dont announce it and MOST elders are good about keeping it hush.

Soooo...those talks on "local needs" that usually follow a df'ing or reproof announcement have no bearing on what just happened? EVERY local needs talk that I ever heard following a df'ing or reproof always inferred what the affected individual did. If someone gets df'd, people KNOW what it was for. Confidentiality doesn't exist in the org..

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

you can be a Happy Nazi worker ant harmoniously making earth a paradise.

Imagine, no more independent thinking, no need to question or think at all... just follow the trail that will be set down for you.

happiness does not require troublesome thinking, just faith and trust in those who lead.

even though your self sacrifice will go completely unnoticed by your fellow ants, be assured your value to the mound will

be appreciated. your personal insignifigance magnified by millions of your fellow laborers is a mighty army and

your significance is part of this whole.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Wow, we've had several new JW apologists lately. I'd like to give my warm welcomes to both MySuperSecret and momof5.

MySuperSecret, while it's tempting to generalize people, especially people who you consider your enemies, generalizations are never true. You have tried to lump all the posters on this board together, describing our motives, etc, but there's just no way you can do that. If you read my post on this thread carefully (and indeed, if you read my post history) you will not find evidence of the attitude you were describing.

Not that it really matters anyway, however. Whether the organization is right or wrong does not depend on my attitude. And truthfully, I don't really care what you think of me. But I think you would do yourself a great service by putting away the generalizations and start listening to people as people, not as your enemies.

SNG

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    generalizations are never true

Including that one, I presume?

• Gill
    Gill

The very thought of living forever in a world populated only by Jehovah's Witnesses........Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Take me down with the sinners!

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

LOL...is that kind of like the sentence: "This statement is false"?

You know what I mean! :-)

SNG

• Namasti
    Namasti

Amen to that, Gill. That's what I've felt for years

• upside/down
    upside/down

You guys don't really believe that the "New System" would be anything like what we see today do you?

If Jehovah's name being besmirched is such a big deal- won't Jehovah Himself do something about it. I mean after all are YOU gonna stop the WTS? Or any org. rel. for that matter?

If half of what's discussed here is accurate there is HUGE blasphemy taking place. And it's "Gods" responsibility to clear hi "good" name, which right now doesn't look or sound so good, by looking at His "people".

See I would LOVE to be there "the day after" and see the look on all the Dubs faces when God tells them to his face what *ssholes they were. And that they had their "15 minutes" and to GET TO WORK cleaning up the mess and tells the rest of us to take a vacation for all the crap we had to endure.

But knowing how "good" we all are we would probably let bygones be bygones and say fagetabawtit.

Wishful thinking, I know

u/d

• momof5
    momof5

Everybody that says they would rather burn in Hell than live forever with JWs is not being honest. My finger was burned once and I couldn't even sleep through the pain. Can you just imagine that on your whole body.....forever? I'd give you 5 minutes before you would be begging for the baptism water! lol!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit