Who cares if the JWs are right?

by new light 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• new light
    new light

This is by no means an original idea, but even if the JWs have been right all along, I don't care. If pleasing God means not knowing what to think or feel without checking with headquarters first, then I don't need him. Who would want to be caught up in an eternal nightmare where the entire population was a braindead mass of clean-cut yes men? If their present "spiritual paradise" is any indicator of what they hope the future will be, they can keep it, thank you very much. Only a JW would be dim enough to anxiously await being stuck on the same rock in the same body for all time, under the reign of the Hebrew war god. I'd give it about 300 years before people start trying to kill themselves, to no avail. People jumping off cliffs, smashing rocks against their heads, provoking the lions, celebrating birthdays, anything to end the misery. Any thoughts?

• outnfree
    outnfree
    Any thoughts?

Forgive me, new light, but I am just sitting here laughing at your very premise!

However, I do agree that God/dess is much more beneficent than that old, angry, jealous, Hebrew war god, Jehovah as portrayed by the Society.

outnfree

• freedom96
    freedom96

No need to worry............ the WTS religion is far from right.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Several years ago my dad (an Elder) asked me basically the same question. (BTW-I was laughing my arse off at your ongoing statement)

I responded to my dad that I owned everything I have done, good and bad, and I will gladly stand before Jehovah and Jesus and the 144,000 on Judgement Day.

One of only two times I've seen my dad speachless!

-Brenda

Psst: Peace begins with me - pass it on!

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hi New Light.

I have to disagree with your premise slightly. If the Witnesses were right, I would be interested in knowing about it. I agree that if they were right, it would mean that God is one cruel, arbitrary character. But having that knowledge would be useful.

Fortunately, as a couple other posters have noted already, it is also extremely useful to know for deadly certain that the Witnesses are not right. It means that we don't live in fear of a giant hand from the sky wiping us out just because we couldn't agree with what some humans that claimed to represent him said.

Knowledge is power. It allows you to make more informed decisions. So I always want to know the whole picture, even if it's a picture I don't like. In this case, however, the reality is that the Witnesses are just plain wrong. :-)

SNG

• jgnat
    jgnat

When my honey presents his version of Paradise, which seems to involve endless book studies sitting on my picnic blanket in a prim dress and heels, I give him a resounding No Thank You. For me, that would be an endless nightmare.

• FairMind
    FairMind

If they were right I would care but since they aren't I dont care. I guess that is why I don't care about what is taught by organized religion. I docare about what the Bible teaches, especially the things about love and.

FM

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

I certainly agree with you Jez on "Why let Satan out to start over again." I had never thought of it that way.I know the Bible says he will be let loose for a little while and I do still believe in the Bible so I am going to do some studing on that even tho I don't think I"ll figure it out but I can't believe a loving God would kill someone for that. All of us who have been in that religion know it is a cult.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

The thing is I really believe that if there is a God it is exactly like Jehovah and mostly malevolent. So the concept of them being right just gratifies my own assumptions of the world. I could perfectly see a god growing immortal masses of people in a slave labor camp and routinely releasing a devil upon them to keep the survivors loyal. Think of it if nobody dies yet can still reproduce it would make sense to purge the people you are not that hot for.

Also billions of people have already died. Nobody thinks that is unusually cruel because they lived in the unbiquitous past. So who cares if billions die right now. It is just a number. I thought this tsunami was the worse disaster ever then I hear about a hundered years ago one killed about 1 million people. at a time the worlds population was about 2 billion. Today nobody cares about those dead people. But the several thousand that died last week are still front page news. When it comes to death its a pay me now or pay me later type thing.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    When my honey presents his version of Paradise, which seems to involve endless book studies sitting on my picnic blanket in a prim dress and heels, I give him a resounding No Thank You. For me, that would be an endless nightmare.

Were we supposed to keep studing even AFTER we made in to the pardise?.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit