Were You A Pain In The Ass To The Elders??

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Little Red Hen
    Little Red Hen

Not intentionally at first, and not to elders at the hall. I married into a family with several elders as brother in laws. We used to have family dinners once a week. Brother Super-fine would always leave a room I entered. After a while, it became a game to me, let's see how quickly Bro. SF can pick up his plate, cup, etc. and vacate the room. My personal best was moving him thru 4 rooms. Extra points if he had one of his kids to move too. I was an unbaptized publisher at the time.

• melmac
    melmac
    That was my pet peeve---going overtime! Windbags!!

I'd find it so funny when they took too much time in the watchtower study... then the last paragraphs had to be done in a hurry... I guess many brothers think: "let's finish this off! I gotta go home to watch sports!"

• minimus
    minimus

NO! They just sucked.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Oh I thought I was being mild, meek, subjective, etc... but apparently my body language said otherwise. The elders were always watching me. Of course I was married to an unbeliever and that didn't help. But many years later I wondered if it was because I have a firm handshake, I looked them squarely in the eye when talking to them, and when they told me a whopper I just looked at them and raised my eyebrow. I was always polite, I acted like any of the rest of the stepford wives in the congregation, but somehow I just never ever fit that stereotype.

Uppidy wimmin anyway. HA!!!!!!!!

Sherry (see my instincts are always right!)

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The elders don't know what else to do to motivate me into doing better 'spiritually'.

DY

• blondie
    blondie

Not on purpose unless they started it. I usually just asked "innocent" questions and let them jump off the cliff.

• pratt1
    pratt1

I started off pretty easy going, but as I got older and went to college, I never let the elders forget that they were not authorized to run my household or anyone else's but their own.

And since I was well educated and financially sound, there was very little control they could have upon my life.

My salvation was having a father who was not a believer. He allowed me to drink the kool - aid but I couldn't swallow.

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, you're like me---asking "innocent questions".

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow
    Not on purpose unless they started it.

Love it Blondie! Hahahaha

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I've never stopped.

Kwin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit