Were You A Pain In The Ass To The Elders??

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Some people are pretty easy going. Some are needy. Some are uptight. Others are pretty cool.Now that's if you're a JW or you aren't. But I remember some people that always were looking to go at it with the elders. Always complained. Always upset about s o m e t h i n g.......What kind of person were you??

• new light
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

No - I was one of those elders who gave a pain in the ass to the rest of congo!

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I'm very easy going, and I'm content to 'live and let live'. I've always been willing to hear other people's ideas, but I also have a very low tolerence for people who try to impose their opinions on me. Because of the lifestyle I led before I was a JW, there were no elders who were qualified to counsel me, so we were constantly at odds because I would not unquestioningly obey them when they made suggestions. They had some strange idea that they should be respected simply because they were elders, but I don't give my respect to anyone who cannot earn it.

Walter

• vitty
    vitty

I always tried to be obedient and respectful, but I was amazed how so many people would tell the elders all their personel business and problems. I would never and told my kids not to either, once theyre invited into your private life then they think theve a right to councel and advise you on everything.

They did try to a couple of times but we respectfully told them to mind their own business

So they backed off, but on the whole our elders were good and the PO very much in the background

My daughter has moved into a new cong and cant believe how they are interferring into her life, shes getting real mad. I want to tell them to carry on, keep up the good work hopefully shell come to her senses and tell them to !#"" off

• Preston
    Preston
    Were You A Pain In The Ass To The Elders??

No, I never had sex with 'em....

• melmac
    melmac

Well, no! Because, you know, the elders are to be... er... the "princes of earth"...

• Golf
    Golf

I would get on their case when they went 'overtime' on the platform, thereby causing the meeting to end 10-15 minutes over. This is utterly rude and selfish! Many elders have " constipation of thoughts and diarrhea of words."

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

When I wasn't sitting on their laps, nibbling their ear lobes?

CG

• minimus
    minimus

That was my pet peeve---going overtime! Windbags!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit