GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS

by You Know 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

It is a well-documented fact that the economy of any country, and the world economy in general, is cyclical. The US economy, as a leading indicator of the economy of the world at large, is YEARS overdue for a down-turn. But because the media tends to hype minor things, and because today's young people have never lived through a serious correction--much less depression--the current economic situation takes on biblical proportions.

You Know: If the current economic catastrophe turns out to be nothing more than following the laws of economics, will you confess to uttering a false prophecy, in saying that it was a direct lead-in to Armageddon? After all, you're anointed, right? Jesus is the mediator between God and you, right? The Bible was written for you, right? You and about 8000 other people are the faithful and discreet slave, who give mankind the proper food at the proper time, right?

Or once the current down-turn runs it's cycle and swings upward once more, will you proclaim New Light?

Better yet, will you blame your followers (FredHall? GodRules?) for reading too much into your words? Will you post again stating "Some have mistakenly said that the former economic slow-down was a precurser to the End. Some, going ahead of You Know's Celestial Chariot, read too much into innocent comments about inflation and wrongly invested in low-yield T-bills. However, the average temperature worldwide is now .0003 degrees warmer than it was 2,500 years ago; surely this can only mean the end is near..."

Hmmm

• Seeker
    Seeker
    You Know: If the current economic catastrophe turns out to be nothing more than following the laws of economics, will you confess to uttering a false prophecy, in saying that it was a direct lead-in to Armageddon?

He once said that if the end hadn't come by a certain date, which at our most generous could be absolutely no later than Jan. 1, 2001, he would quit the JWs and join Procrastinator's Anonymous. When we called him on this earlier this year he replied he was merely kidding. He wasn't kidding at the time, but to cover his tracks he lied. He will lie again and again as one prediction after another fails.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Hmmm,
    That reminds me of how I came to be involved with JWs. It was 1991 and the USA was bombing Iraq. Jehovah's Witness had me believe that the world would soon end, because Iraq is in the same area as Babylon was. Boy was I stupid to fall for that! The last conversation I had with a Jehovah's Witness was about the economy. He was saying that with the good times we were experiencing that fullfills the "Security" part of "Peace and Security and sudden distruction was to be upon them" or however it say that.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Honestly I don't get it. I can't see why people miss You Know. Reading through this clap trap and nonsensical ramblings is irritating. I don't miss anything about Jehovah's Witnesses. And all that they are, is encompassed in this arrogant, hypocritical, deeply weird person.

I'd rather have my teeth drilled.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Open a little wider, darling!

Nina

• Nikita
    Nikita
    I'd rather have my teeth drilled.

Yeah, at least with that you get something to numb the pain!

Nikita

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    I can't see why people miss You Know... this arrogant, hypocritical, deeply weird person.

Agreed, "deeply weird" is an apt description. And of course the breathtaking arrogance and spitefulness that permeated his posts.

Put me in the "hope he never comes back" category

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit