GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS

by You Know 36 Replies latest jw friends

• willy_think
    willy_think

you know,

is the sky falling?

is the sky falling with the market?

is the sky held up by the market that it might fall with it?

"repent the market is crashing!" this is a new call if i ever herd one.

the ideas and opinions expressed in this post do not necessiarly represent those of the WTB&TS inc. or any of it's subsidiary corporations.
  • Englishman
    Englishman

I can't see what the connection is between the financial climate in the year 2001 and religious beliefs.

It seems to me that every time something goes wrong in the world that JW's try to extract maximum mileage from it.

It's hardly surprising that they are so unpopular!

Englishman.

..... fanaticism masquerading beneath a cloak of reasoned logic.

• bigboi
    bigboi

Hey Everybody:

Can someone tell me in which chapter of the bible is the viability of Anglo-American currency discussed? Thanks in advance.

ONE....

bigboi

"it ain't what ya do. it's how you do it" quote from the song "True Honeybunz" by Bahamadia

• You Know
    You Know
    Can someone tell me in which chapter of the bible is the viability of Anglo-American currency discussed? Thanks in advance.

There are over 8 complete chapters contained in two of the Hebrew prophetic books that relate in detail Jehovah's judicial decisions upon the Anglo-American dyad. But, as one of the Hebrews might say: "as Jehovah is living" I shall not tell you what they are. / You Know

• Englishman
    Englishman

Bigboi,

Try Gideon chapter 24.

Englishman.

..... fanaticism masquerading beneath a cloak of reasoned logic.

• individual
    individual

To YouKnow -

I agree that your motive will not alter any outcome but you really do have to question yourself on how strong your desire is to see this all come to fruition. My argument is that the strength of your desire is more a reflection of you and other witnesses who only see the gain and not the cost. To have humanity means that your overriding concern is for the peoples of the earth.

Do you really believe that Jehovah, as presented in the Bible, holds all humanity in such derision? In my experience witnesses are far more selfish and lack humanity to a greater degree than the norm as a result of this very strong desire. To me the desire has created self-delusion, witnesses believe that they are special, occupying a place above all humanity.

The problem is - the world is not wholly evil - good people DO exist, yet you are blind to this. It was when I opened my eyes knowing the system to be imperfect but seeing good sincere people existing within it that I could not believe that God, who gave His Son as He loved the world so much, could show the same disregard for them as does the organisation.

• You Know
    You Know
    I agree that your motive will not alter any outcome but you really do have to question yourself on how strong your desire is to see this all come to fruition.

If my motive is relevant, than so is yours. How badly do you want this system to continue? More importantly: Why do you want it to continue?

My argument is that the strength of your desire is more a reflection of you and other witnesses who only see the gain and not the cost.

In my situation I will lose everything, including my human life. What selfish interests could I possibly have?

To have humanity means that your overriding concern is for the peoples of the earth.

My overridding concern is that Jehovah's name become sanctified before everyone.

Do you really believe that Jehovah, as presented in the Bible, holds all humanity in such derision?

Jehovah honors those who honor him. For those who hold him in contempt the Scriptures say that he will certainly laugh at them and hold them in derision.

In my experience witnesses are far more selfish and lack humanity to a greater degree than the norm as a result of this very strong desire. To me the desire has created self-delusion, witnesses believe that they are special, occupying a place above all humanity.

That's just your opinion. But, if any of us need an attitude adjustment, certainly the collapse of the present system will humble even Jehovah's Witnesses.

The problem is - the world is not wholly evil - good people DO exist, yet you are blind to this.

Jehovah is the judge of who and what is good or bad. Mine and your opinion are irrelevant. But whether there are a handful of "good" people, or millions, it still doesn't change the fact that the system is doomed. You seem to be clinging to some delusion that the end comes about because bad people wish it so.

It was when I opened my eyes knowing the system to be imperfect but seeing good sincere people existing within it that I could not believe that God, who gave His Son as He loved the world so much, could show the same disregard for them as does the organisation.

Jehovah's judgment is going to be based upon how people react after the system disintergrates. / You Know

• GodRules
    GodRules

Individual: It is very true that there are many good people in the world today that are not JW's. But, remember the account of the diluge, there were many good people around. I am thinking that Noah had to have had good family members, cousins, uncles, aunts, friends, how about the families of his sons wives? The point is that Jehovah gave everyone, not just Noah, the way to salvation. He simply told them to get in the ark. Now, since either they were too busy to follow Jehovah's guidance, or maybe they just saw Noah like a crazy fool, or maybe they just thought that it was o.k. only to be a "good" person. Well, the outcome was desastrous for following their own way of labeling what "good" is.

They forgot one simple thing...GodRules!

• logical
    logical

If the "ark" is indeed the WTS then I want fuck all to do with it. Id rather die than spend eternity with cloned liars.

• GodRules
    GodRules

and die you shall, because GodRules and he wants you to be happy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit