GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS

by You Know 36 Replies latest jw friends

• You Know
    You Know

GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS

First, the good news: The good news, at least as far as the Watchtower's multitudinous enemies are concerned, is that the Watchtower's days are definitely numbered. The bad news, as far as apostates should be concerned, is that the days for this present system, as we know it, are also of equally short duration.

Since the latest round of the financial crash, the system has been living on hope; hope that somehow the powers that be would turn the markets up out of the spiraling nosedive and avert the dreaded all-out economic crash. For the last few months it seems that "hope" had worked its magic on skittish investors who have previously been scorched for several trillion dollars over the last year or so. Now that 2nd quarter warnings and results are coming in, and in some cases the reality is far worse than even some of the most pessimistic doomers had imagined. This, in spite of the fact that the central banks and other agencies have virtually opened the monetary floodgates in a desperate bid to pump liquidity back into the deflating financial bubbles. Now the "hopers" are calling for a turn-around by year's end. LOL

At any rate, no one can really say how long the game will continue, only that at some point reality will prove overwhelming, at which point the system will definitely terminate abruptly. / You Know

>>>> http://www.mcalvany.com/specialreports/070901.html

• logical
    logical

the sooner I die the better.

Cant wait.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Party before crash.

• bigboi
    bigboi

You Know:

No markets or economies can go expanding forever. I'm sure in my lifetime there will be another economic depression. There's bound to be. It's happened throughout history and will continue to happen. Worldly economies have no bearing whatsoever on endtime prophecies. I thought Jesus said no man knows the day nor the hour. Even Jesus doesn't know. So how can you tie in bible propecies about the destruction of a world wide system with a slumping world economy?

ONE....

bigboi

"it ain't what ya do. it's how you do it" quote from the song "True Honeybunz" by Bahamadia

• individual
    individual

So the financial storm is coming is it? It might just be a breeze but I do agree with you on one thing - the financial system is like a pack of cards but it is glued together with something very strong - it's called faith. Money exists because people believe in it - it is the biggest faith in the world. Mankind has got himself out of holes before and he will do so again because all it takes is for countries and their peoples to believe in their ability to do so. Look at 1929 and the 1973-4 banking crisis.

Your motive for wanting this financial crisis and for this financial system to end is so that it may start the Great Tribulation. Have you no empathy for the people of the world, do you not feel desperate for them - for if what you wish for came true it would mean the end for them. There are a lot of good people in the world, sincere little old ladies who go to church every Sunday because they really believe it is right, they read the same bible you do (maybe not the NWT). What comes across from your posts - and I have always read them with interest, is that your desire for the system to end overshadows any feelings for your fellow man. This I think is the biggest problem with the 'truth' - it destroys your humanity.

• philo
    philo

I found a picture of you on a surfing site, YK. Still surfing the economic waves, hither and thither I guess.

philo

"It is an absurdity to believe that the Deity has human passions, and one of the lowest of human passions, a restless appetite for applause." [David Hume]

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

what about my friggin 401k?

• You Know
    You Know
    Worldly economies have no bearing whatsoever on endtime prophecies.

Are you sure about that? I doubt if you are really in a position to say what the prophecies do or don't say regarding the end. In fact I am quite sure that you have no idea. The fact is that the entire Ango-American democratic system is totally dependent upon the continued viability of the dollar and the pound. You cannot even imagine how drastically the world would change if the dollar were to crash. The previous world-wide depression led directly to WWII. The world is a much more dangerous place in 2001 than it was back then. / You Know

• bigboi
    bigboi
    You cannot even imagine how drastically the world would change if the dollar were to crash.

Nah, I sure can't. You'd prolly still be broke, and the first one in line at the local church's soup kitchen.

ONE....

bigboi

"it ain't what ya do. it's how you do it" quote from the song "True Honeybunz" by Bahamadia

• You Know
    You Know

TO INDIVIDUAL

So the financial storm is coming is it? It might just be a breeze but...

Interesting choice of words. Actually the Bible calls it the "tempest of Jehovah." But check this link out if you are interested in that sort of thing >>>> http://www.financialsense.com/series2/gathering.htm

Your motive for wanting this financial crisis and for this financial system to end is so that it may start the Great Tribulation.

My motives have no effect one way or the other upon reality. Does the weatherman have a "motive" for issuing a storm warning?

Have you no empathy for the people of the world, do you not feel desperate for them - for if what you wish for came true it would mean the end for them.

You exhibit the typical mentality of the post WWII "boomers" and their offspring, that 'if we don't think about bad stuff, then nothing bad will happen to us.' That's simply delusional, totally self-delusional. Do you imagine that you are showing empathy for people by not upseting them with unpleasant facts?

There are a lot of good people in the world, sincere little old ladies who go to church every Sunday because they really believe it is right, they read the same bible you do (maybe not the NWT).

That's why I am a minister of Jehovah's provisions for salvation. He long ago foretold that this system would reach a terminal point when only He could provide a way out for those who truly trusted him. By all apearances we are rapidly reaching the end of the line.

What comes across from your posts - and I have always read them with interest, is that your desire for the system to end overshadows any feelings for your fellow man. This I think is the biggest problem with the 'truth' - it destroys your humanity.

It seems to be wicked human nature to find fault with the messenger because you don't like the message. Your opinion of my humanity, or lack of, will not keep this system from crashing down in a heap. / You Know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit