I went to the memorial service for Talia Balletti.

by hubert 57 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• hubert
    hubert

I sent a pm to one of the forum assistants telling him this, and he said I should post and let everyone know how it went.

I didn't want to do this until Mario posted first, because it's about his daughter, not mine. But, I know all you wonderful people out there are waiting for some news on the Memorial Service, and I think Mario is too grief stricken to be able to write right now. Sometimes these things hit you harder after it's all over, because now you have more time to think about it. Before that, you are so busy with arrangements that it doesn't "hit home" right away.

So Mario, if you are reading this, I apologize for writing before you felt up to doing it.

I am only going to talk about some of the good things. If there is anything that is not to par, I'm letting Mario handle that, if and when he wants to. It's not my business, so please don't ask me to do it. Thanks, friends.

I got to the funeral home around 5:30 p.m. Sunday evening. I went alone, because my wife had to help her sister with her mom, who had suffered a stroke a while back.

It wasn't as crowded as I expected it to be. Maybe it was, earlier. I noticed most of the people there were j.w.'s, most probably from the mother's congregation. (I am presuming).

Although Mario said the casket would be closed, it was open. Talia looked like a sleeping little twelve year old. She looked lovely, even in death. (Sorry, I don't know how else to explain it. I'm not good with words, as most of you already know, so bear with me). This is not easy for me.

I went up to Mario, and because there were some j.w.'s hanging around, I introduced myself with a different name. I shook his hand and offered my condolances, and he said he was glad I came, and thanked me. I also gave Marina a hug, and she was smiling and said she was glad I came, also. She's a pretty girl, and a little shy. I went towards the back, and sat down. The room was about 3/4 full. To me, that's not a whole lot, only because I've been to some conventional religious funerals, that you couldn't even find a place to stand, let alone sit. Like I said before, maybe people came in earlier, and the room was probably really crowded.

After a few minutes, I went back up, and looked at the flower arrangements. There were about 12 different floral wreaths or boquets. I looked for the one from the forum, but couldn't read all the cards on all the floral arrangements, but I knew it was there. I found it later. I'm trying to put this in some kind of order, to make you feel that you people were there, too, because I know you would have been, if you could.

Around 6 p.m., Mario got up and set up the microphone near his daughter Talia, and started talking about her past, what kind of child she was, some of the good times they had, etc. He talked for a while, then sat down and broke down. His daughter Marina got up and tried to talk about her and Talia growing up together, and she broke down too, and her aunt went up to hold her. Now everyone broke down, including me. It was so sad. I'm breaking down right now, just typing this. I've never been to a funeral for a child before. It's really tough. This was the saddest funeral service I've ever been to. When relatives or friends are old, it's expected, but not when it's this young.

Some of the relatives who were j.w.'s got up to talk, also. After, Mario got up and offered a one minute of silence for Talia, to do whatever you wish, either pray, or meditate, etc.

After a few more minutes, people started paying their last respects to Talia, and then talked to Mario and Marina, and started leaving. I waited until no one was getting up, and no one was around them, and went up and said goodby to Talia, and went up to Mario and told him I was "Hubert", from the forum. He gave me a great big hug, big enough for all of you to feel. He was so glad someone was there from the forum. ( There were a few guys in the back of the room, that didn't have ties, and I didn't know if they were from the forum or people that worked with Mario. I tried to start a conversation with a couple of them, but didn't get anywhere. We are all so secretive, you know. LOL !! I asked Mario which flowers were from the forum, and he said the ones right on top of Talia's casket. They were beautiful. As I was walking away from Mario and Marina, he called to me, and said " Watch the board, the next couple of days". I said I would. He doesn't know I watch this board every day, hours at a time.

So, that's why I waited to post, in fact I didn't plan on posting, if Mario did by now. I'm sure he will post soon, and give you more information, as soon as he's up to it.

He's a great guy, loves his two daughters. As you know he's a very good writer, but he is also very good at public speaking. (One of my wworst subjects in school).

So, I hope I made you feel that you were there with me at the Memorial service. This is the best I can do. I hope it's enough. My little contribution to this forum for all the help I've been getting from it. Thanks for listening.

Sincerely.... Hubert

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

Thanks

Lazy

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

Thank you for sharing that hubert. I have tears too.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

thank you hubert.

your description was appropriate and touching as you say many of us would have been there to support mario if it were possible.i really appreciate the post.

hugs

candy

• Odrade
    Odrade

Thank you Hubert.

Mario, my thoughts are with you.

Odrade

• Mulan
    Mulan

Thank you. It is so nice to hear how it went, even the sad parts.

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

Thank you Hubert.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Thank you for the post Hubert! And thank YOU for going to teh services and offering support where some of us were not physically able to. :)

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Hubert - Thank you so much for the update.

Mario - My heart aches for you.

I just found this site about 10 days ago. Came across this thread last week Wednesday.

Today I am back in therapy.

Thank you everyone for sharing your stories, your pain, your anger and your selves.

-Denise.

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

Hubert,

I am glad the forum was so well represented.

Our thoughts are with Mario & Marina.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit