Can YOU Determine A "Real Apostate" From A "Fake Apostate"?

by minimus 63 Replies latest jw friends

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I have learnt that that many I would have considered "fake apostates" or "trolls" are really mentally ill people. That is both "active JW" and "apostates". They write the way they think that could appear on a PC screen as someone pretending or exaggerating.

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

Happy Guy and Rosscoe, thanks for your input. Yes, I kinda view the WBTS (and a few other religions) as modern day Pharisees who have lost the meaning of true worship and have gained so much popularity among their own peers that their own pride has deafened their eyes and ears to the truth. In situations as these there will ALWAYS be those who will up and leave or stage an outright revolt against these worshippers of self. And it is always the case where these revolters are labeled as a heretic or apostate.

But like I said, if so many other good and decent people, especially Jesus Christ Himself, are labeled as such then how can it really be a bad thing? I would say "Thank you," to any witness that labels me as such because yes, although I was a member, I kept my eyes and ears open for all truths and my mind was kept open so that if I found problems with what others claim to be truths that I could discern for myself if this was in fact truth or lies. Because I never truely closed my mind, ears and eyes I was able to ask questions concerning these glaring contradictions and demand an answer for them. "If you men are truely shepards then tend to your flock's needs! Answer my questions! If you don't answer my questions then you are FORCING me to rely upon my own understandings and you all proclaim that this is not the thing to do. But if you won't answer me then you are forcing a sheep of your flock to break away from the herd and wander about unattended and by the definition of your title you are not allowed to do that. So who's understandings shall I rely upon? Yours? Or mine? It's your choice."

Because they refused to answer me and told me to keep my mouth shut or I would be considered an apostate then I realised that this title wouldn't be a bad thing since they don't have truth as their main concern. They want to hide the truth thinking they can hide the contradictions along with it. But in this modern age of information it is almost impossible to hide very much.

• Amorivora
    Amorivora

Hello strangers. Greetings. I was a Jehovah's Witness for the first 18 years of my life and my understanding of the definition of "apostate" is
    "One who knows the truth and rejects the truth." Several members of my family tried to justify their relationships with me after I left by saying that an apostate is one who actively works against the religion--rather than simply one who has left. Unfortunately, I spent several years actively working against the religion, so unavoidably, I am an apostate. Ha!

Growing up, my notion of the Very Scary Apostate was someone who would give you literature that would try to turn you into a Catholic or a devil worshiper. Nowadays, my notion is that of a person who encourages JW's to read their own old literature. Go figure.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I believe that a real apostate doesn't need to announce the fact that they are a real apostate. Only a fake apostate would do that.

Well hurt me why don't you. I announced the fact that I was a Poztate on my very first thread...and proud of it. I guess that's why no one would talk to me for such a long time...They thought I was faking it..

Hey Min,

Maybe you could see if the board would support another heading

REAL APOSTATES ONLY (by invitation)

Nowadays, my notion is that of a person who encourages JW's to read their own old literature. Go figure.

A big welcome Amorivora,

This is indeed the new definition for an Apostate ( ) Someone who reads the old stuff and points out all the HUGE FLAWS in it.

• minimus
    minimus

Poztate's are good enuf!

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

My Mom recently told me she was close to not talking to me anymore because I am starting to sound like an APOSTATE. I guess the only reason I don't like to call myself one is for the fear of losing my family, but after listening to all your different ideas of one. I think I am. I was really uncomfortale about coming on this site at first. I actually thought of my husband as an apostate. I still had that JW mindset. Now I love to come here to learn more information, hear your stories and make new friends. Am I an apostate? I do talk down about the JW's on here all the time, so I guess I am. I don't know why but I still feel bad about it. I've been taught that Apostates are so bad. I just don't see it that way anymore. I've met a wonderful bunch of people. Apostates or not. I don't care. Who really has the right to judge. Only God. That's what man just can't seem to figure out. JW's being #1 at judging.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

WTS definition of apostacy:

Apostasy.

Apostasy is a standing away from, a falling away, defec-
    tion, rebellion, abandonment; it involves teaching false
    doctrines, supporting or promoting false religion and its
    holidays or interfaith activities. (Deut. 13:13, 15; Josh.
    22:22, ftn.; Acts 21:21, ftn.; 2 Cor. 6:14, 15, 17, 18;
    2. John 7, 9, 10; Rev. 18:4)

Those with sincere doubts should be helped, dealt with
    mercifully. (Jude 22, 23; w82 9/1 pp. 20-1;w80 8/1
    pp. 21-2)

Apostasy includes action taken against true worship of
    Jehovah or his established order among his dedicated
    people. (Jer. 17:13; 23:15; 28:15, 16; 2 Thess. 2:9, 10)

Persons who deliberately spread (stubbornly hold to and
    speak about) teachings contrary to Bible truth as taught
    by Jehovah's Witnesses
    are apostates.

So I guess by WTS definition, technically speaking, everyone is an apostate except JW's.

Kwin

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I admit I am only a semi -- -semi-apostate that is - I stll go to meetings - but I would like to get drunk with some of you guys sometime

• minimus
    minimus

Stilla, I'll have 1 or 3 beers!

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    Can YOU Determine A "Real Apostate" From A "Fake Apostate"?

Yes, a real apostate is mooning you. It is simply a point-of-view. Simon would call 1776 a "rebellion," I would call it a "revolution." Same event.

For JWs "apostate" is one of the greatest phrases of thier loaded language (see 'cults' for more information).

Apostate = EVIL right? Oh no. Look at the fine print in the Insight book:

*** it-1 p. 126 Apostasy *** However, in the Christian Greek Scriptures it is used primarily with regard to religious defection; a withdrawal or abandonment of the true cause, worship, and service of God, and hence an abandonment of what one has previously professed and a total desertion of principles or faith.

Keywords: Defection Abandonment Desertion

So my question is: where is the angry sign-toting son-of-Satan in that?

The fact is: Anyone who has been disfellowshipped, disassociated or

inactive qualifies as apostate. You don't have to be a active anti-recruiter or violent opposer or any of the other awfulizations that JWs associate with "apostate."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit