Can YOU Determine A "Real Apostate" From A "Fake Apostate"?

by minimus 63 Replies latest jw friends

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Mouthy, my usual guidelines don't apply to you. You are the sweet granny to all true apostates!

We all love you!

Walter

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

So often , on this board, we see imposters claiming to be interested in learning the truth about the "truth". They may seem to genuinely want to know things and they might ask thought-provoking questions.....So how do you know if the person you're dealing with is the real deal or not?? Any tips to help us know who those "fake apostates" are?? (Just for your own information, I'm a "real apostate". I have a problem with your definition of "Apostate" Min. Technically speaking an "Apostate" is a "Renegade". In it's strictist sense that would only apply to ex-JWs and nobody else. Often we see JWs label someone's website or literature as "Apostate" simply to prevent JWs from ever viewing it's contents based on their rules but in actuality it is a WT term applied to JWs who have left "the truth" and either simultaniously or after the fact have made comments which bring into question the credibility of any claims which the Watchtower (Publishing) Corporation has made. Even though my life was unfortunately interwined with JWs through the abuse of my children and litigation with Watchtower legal, I have never been a JW and am not an Apostate. I don't think someone who has never been a JW could be correctly classified as "Apostate" but especially if they are only here to learn more about the JWs. Anyone who fits this category and refers to themselves as Apostate does so incorrectly, in my opinion.

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

Anyone that thinks differently than the collective is an apostate. Anyone that has proof showing that the collective is wrong is an apostate and so is the proof. Anyone that stands in opposition to the org and its belief system is an apostate. Anyone that challenges another's thinking with the real facts about the org is an apostate. Anyone that asks questions that seem to dig into the org's hypocrasy is an apostate.

How do you know if the person you're dealing with is real or not? If they are even on this website and they even learn anything they are apostate just for being here. Look at their post history. If they have any posts that show disgust towards the org or question their motives then they are apostate.

Of course, the org's definition of apostacy is drastically skewed from its true meaning so if you want to find out who is and who isn't an apostate you would need to review the proper definition of the word.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

IMHO it is the WTBTS that is the only true apostate involved here. It is that organization's 'rebellion' against the real 'truth' of the Bible, and the love that Christ showed, and the Christian spirit of freedom that Paul stated would come from Christ, that has created this whole issue, isn't it?

So at best, we posting 'apostates' are just really apostates from the real apostasy.... did that make sense? So those who pretend to be of our sort, are still among the apostates - we have apostasized from the apostates! Does that make us the 'truth', and the WTS the apostates?

Jeff

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i dont like the label apostate.. my faith in God is stronger now than it ever was.. i just lost faith in the wtbs.. and i never seen in the bible where i HAD to have faith in the wtbs!

Anyone that thinks differently than the collective is an apostate. Anyone that has proof showing that the collective is wrong is an apostate and so is the proof. Anyone that stands in opposition to the org and its belief system is an apostate. Anyone that challenges another's thinking with the real facts about the org is an apostate. Anyone that asks questions that seem to dig into the org's hypocrasy is an apostate.

In theory those criteria should not make one an apostate as the entire world outside the JWs (or at least a good chunk of it) would be considered Apostate. In practical (JW) application, I think you are absolutely right Crinklestein. That is probably one of the reasons why they would be viewed as a cult.

• FairMind
    FairMind

I understand the dictionary definition of an "apostate" and I suppose that definition fits me. However, I have my own definition, which makes me more comfortable as it does not fit me. I (and it is my opinion that is important to me) apply the term apostate to those that have knowingly bent and twisted the word of the God of the Bible. Using my definition makes the WTS an apostate organization (one of many). I don't like apostates and this means that I don't like the WTS.

FM

i just lost faith in the wtbs

According to JWs, that would make you Apostate CN. One must not challenge "Big Brother" even if "Big Brother" is not following God's intended values.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

candilynuts said:

i dont like the label apostate

I never did either - but if u think about it didn't the WTS 'label' everthing? It was part of the judgementalism that rules supreme - elder, pioneer, ms, co, do, gb, weak, strong, active, inactive, in the truth, worldly, pagan, on and on. Every label gave u a mental picture of how to treat, love, hate, ignore or otherwise judge the person on the recieving end of that label. Apostate is a simple term - it means to leave basically - but they have made us a mental image of 'evil slave' - haing God and his people ect.

Hard to get over those mental pics for most I think -

By the way I am a real 'apostate' - a good one - most witnesses would like to be as good as a lot of these 'apostates' are on this site -

Jeff

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    my faith in God is stronger now than it ever was.. i just lost faith in the wtbs..

See? That's the problem. That's why you are called an "apostate". You forgot that, for a JW, they are one and the same.

Walter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit