Can YOU Determine A "Real Apostate" From A "Fake Apostate"?

by minimus 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Preston
    Preston

A real apostate won't log in under another screen name after three or four months...

• crinklestein
  • crinklestein
    crinklestein

The dictionary says the definition is: One who has forsaken the faith, principles, or party, to
    which he before adhered; esp., one who has forsaken his
    religion for another; a pervert; a renegade.
    So I guess every single religion, including JW's AND including Jesus Christ HIMSELF is considered an apostate. Every religious faction is usually the result of a breaking off of the main religion or from someone creating their own as a result of them not liking the direction of their original religion.

And Jesus' main religion was Jewish yet he preached a different message than that of the Jews and he was the foundation of Christianity. So if Jesus himself is considered an apostate by the very definition of the word how can it be considered a bad thing?

• tata
    tata

If someone enter in this forum like a "fake apostate", when they read everything in here about WT and real truth, don't worry they become a "REAL APOSTATE"

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

"real" apostates get a real cool T-shirt..................

~~Hill

• M.J.
    M.J.
    Anyone that thinks differently than the collective is an apostate.

Wow. So this means I'm an Apostate! A real apostate! Cool! I was kind of feeling left out.

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

And Jesus' main religion was Jewish yet he preached a different message than that of the Jews and he was the foundation of Christianity. So if Jesus himself is considered an apostate by the very definition of the word how can it be considered a bad thing?

Actually Crinklestein, that is how I (as a non ex-JW) have always viewed you ex-JW "apostates". I have always felt that ex-JWs were much like Jesus who rebelled against the Jewish leaders in so far as WT attempts to label ex JWs as "Apostate" or "Heretics". I view many things that WT does as not only wrong but some are downright evil in nature. I have always felt that the ex-JW revolt of WT has been a rebellion against all that is not God-like in the WT.

• rosscoe
    rosscoe

I confess, yes I am a Christian, I am sorry, but I realy am a Christian, more of an X-catholic than anything else, but my poor brother is a JW and he won't listen to me/us any more, help, anybody, help

• minimus
    minimus

You will have to go thru a screening test first to see if you qualify as an apostate, ok?

• rosscoe
    rosscoe

By definition, senior member crinklestein, you are right and i have never thought about Jesus in that light before, but by our dictionaries that is correct. I am very glad He did what he did, i must say. thank you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit