Let's all show up at the Memorial - and gasp - Partake!

by AK - Jeff 49 Replies latest social humour

• heathen
    heathen

How is that blasphemus? , Jesus himself initiated the celebration and commanded people to do it in rememberance of him . There by making it a command from God for jesus was the word of God . Please enlighten me as to why you take part in it at your church .

• Triple A
    Triple A

I know of no of no teaching in the Bible that tells us to lift up another man in such praise. Of course if you apply the Diety to Christ there is nothing wrong with the celebration. But the WTS hold Jesus as nothing but a man.

• catchthis
    catchthis
    who would want to drink that CHEAP WINE ?...screw top bottle stuff

Actually, there are quite a few vintners that are crossing over to screw tops. The reason is because of a chemical contaminant called trichloroanisole(TCA). This is where the term "corked wine" comes from. The wine gives off a moldy or musty odor.

So before you thumb your nose at a fine bottle of wine simply because it has a screw top, remember that the winemaker is simply looking out for YOU for your own enjoyment. Many still want to stick to the old ways of carving off the foil, twisting the screw and hoping that the cork comes out in one easy stroke. It has always been a routine and probably will continue to be, regardless of cork taint. Besides, most high dollar restaurants would lose the "corkage" fees of anywhere from $10-20 a bottle.

Catch, of the "wine freak class"

• heathen
    heathen

Triple A --- Have you ever talked to a j-dub? or are you just repeating something you heard other people talk about ? The WTBTS does teach that jesus is Gods appointed king and the messiah , they do seem to be a little anal over whether to call him God or not but I think he was given all authority in heaven and earth so making him God . The exsplanation for all that seems to be harder to exsplain than the trinity doctrine ever was .

• Triple A
    Triple A

Heathen,

I have talked to JWs (not a lot), but most are evasive on what they truely believe or at least what the WTS teachings of Jesus are.

Let me ask you this. Who is deserving of praise and glorification?

Triple A

• heathen
    heathen

I'd have to say Jesus Christ as I've already stated he has complete authority in heaven and earth and is the only reason we can attain a promise of everlasting life . The bible says that every knee in heaven and earth will bend before his majesty who is portrayed as having great power and glory and riding a horse with the words king of kings and lord of lords written on it . We can't even approach the almighty unless we have faith in connection with his sacrifice . As I said before the ritual is mainly for the purpose of remembering his suffering and sacrife as the apostle John , " No man has greater love than one that lays down his life for another."

• Triple A
  • Triple A
    Triple A

Heathen, the Bible says that at His name every knee shall bow.

Philippines

9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name,
    10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
    11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
    to the glory of God the Father.

Revelation 19 talks about Jesus coming, but where does it talk about glorifing Jesus

11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." [1] He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:
    KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, "Come, gather together for the great supper of God, 18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and mighty men, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, small and great."
    19 Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to make war against the rider on the horse and his army. 20 But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. 21 The rest of them were killed with the sword that came out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.

Now personally as a believer that Jesus is God, I have no problem worshipping Jesus. But as a JW, Jesus would be a man and therefore not worthy of worship. Which remainds me that you did not answer my question of who deserves praise and glorification.

• heathen
    heathen

I did answer your question " jesus christ". That was some good quotes but I do use the NWT so it is worded a little different . OK so that was philippians , I didn't bother to look it up but know it's there. alright so it was on his garment , the point being that it is talking about jesus since he was the word of God . John 1:14 , luke 1:32-33

You just don't seem to get my point . And I don't feel like going much further with the discussion anyway .Because it would obviously involve alot of bible research and I just don't feel up to it .

• Triple A
    Triple A

Heathen, Does the WTS teach that Jesus is worthy of Glory and Praise? I get the feeling that you are expressing your own beliefs, which I agree with that Jesus is worthy. But I do not see the WTS supporting that belief. Triple A

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit