Let's all show up at the Memorial - and gasp - Partake!

by AK - Jeff 49 Replies latest social humour

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Here is a plan to throw the entire organization into chaos. Many of the 'apostates' here believe in the ransom of Jesus - and the command to partake of the 'communion' of the Lords Evening meal, right? I have come to accept that that 'memorial' is simply a recognition of Jesus' sacrifice. If all that felt that way made it a point to show up at a KH (preferably one where you are not known) on the night of the Memorial in '05, and all partook.... the society would not know what happened - and the numbers would jump thru the roof. They would prob issue a 'new light' prophecy or something to cover the great increase in 'annointed'... it would be esp good if the number went over 144,000!!! How would they explain that one?

One possiblilty - they would revise the Rutherford prophecy - the dead ancients have finally arrived - not in 1925 but now in 2005. They just missed the dates (again) by 80 years...

Anyone in???

Jeff

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Why?

• shamus
    shamus

Ozzie,

You stole my answer. I have so many better things to do than go to a kingdumb hall and play crazy apostate. (just what the watchtower wants it's members to think too, btw)

• blondie
    blondie

That is not exactly a new idea, Jeff.

Actually, the elders don't have to count people that are not known to the congregation or have never partaken before.

I have heard of people who tried this who were barred from entering the KH.

If you feel it has meaning, then stay home and observe it and join in it with otherrs.

Blondie

• heathen
    heathen

blondie has it right I think it would be all too obvious anyway and they wouldn't count you unless you were one of theirs and made every meeting ( keeping yourself without spot from the world ) I even hear they can speak in tounges or do any one of a number of silly things to convince people they obtain the seal of christ . I think I've heard some talk right out of their a$$ before , it's really quite amazing.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Can't stand wine, and crackers without salt suck!

"As oft as yee will" for me is never!

tanks but notanks

carmel

• dorothy
    dorothy

I love this idea, too bad I'm too much of a chicken shit to do it. Although if someone came with me I would.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I love this idea

but Why?

Recognise that only a Borg-controlled mind would bother.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I was amazed as a dub to see how the numbers of "the remnant" were not falling every year. They actually went up substantially now and then. I was in pioneer school when I first noticed it, because I wanted to make a comment about how they have steadily fallen. To make the point, I pulled out a ton of yearbooks and looked up the figure for each year. To my surprise, it jumped all over the place.

So unless you really did get a huge number of folks to participate (5,000 or so would be necessary to even make it interesting) the number wouldn't be enough to send any ripples. And of course, as has been pointed out, none of those would really be counted anyway.

I love the "hit 'em where it hurts -- in the numbers!" approach, though! Bravo!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Why? Recognise that only a Borg-controlled mind would bother.

Aw, c'mon, Oz! Haven't you ever paid a drunk to go beat up another drunk? Of course you have! We all have. And why do we do it? Because we love to watch idiots do idiotic stuff.

Jeff and Dot enjoy the idea of 6 million dubs hungrily reading the annual service report, secretly hoping that Armageddon Ticker at the bottom of the page will finally dip below 5,000, only to find that it doubled from last year!

Hilarity ensues! A good time was had by all(most everyone)!

(I need more sleep)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit