by truthseeker 68 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

hi geoff,

all is quiet down here.

Kind regards, Ozzie

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Hey if the dubs stop going in service they will stop getting new members if they stop getting new members WE stop getting new members!!!!!

So... Advertise Advertise Advertise boys!!!

• gumby
    gumby

Who wants to put 10 bucks on me who says it's because of security purposes in that they retracted the report in a land going under ban recently and didn't have time to change it ...or the like? (I said 'or the like' to cover me arse so's I can win)

Gumby

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

What the WTS is announcing is that the annual increase for 2004 worldwide is just 1%. The lowest for decades. This is being announced at the Circuit Assemblies, no doubt with a joint purpose. Firstly, so that it can be used as a weapon to make the audience feel guilty for not working hard enough, and secondly to minimize publicity over what is a dire growth figure.

When the figure reaches 0% growth, likely within the next couple of years, doctrines will change.

Best regards - HS

edited to change the growth figure to the correct 1%

• blondie
    blondie

I think you mean 1%, HillaryStep.

I can't remember the last time it was 10%.

• one
    one

gumb,

I think they learned something from the result of publishing too much data about germany and malawii.

They know contemporay, 21 millenium, jw are not going to colaborate to support wt claim that r&f can take any abuse and survive as a group.

too much has been said by ray and penton

isn't that what you implied with "security" ?.my bet is 2 to 1,

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

gdt - 500,000 - that seems a bit high - we have never seen that many in a year have we? or are you tongue in cheek? last year was only up 141,000 I think... I am new to this board so sorry if I missed the point.... or are you refering to the number of 'new molesters that got off the hook?' that must be it! Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

back when I was 'having doubts' about the organization, I used to watch the numbers - a few years back the annual growth was between 5-6% - last year just 2.2% - I think they will start jiggling the numbers somehow so that the slow down is not noticiable to the unintelligent - they did that on the official site - there is no growth in percentage or comparison to previous years like we always see in the WT report - that might be it - Jeff

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Perhaps the number of inactive or df'd/da'd ppl exceeds the number of bible studies or newly baptised and they need time to find a way to "adjust" the numbers or a way to explain why this has come to be?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Blondie,

Yes, you are correct, I did mean 1%. Form what I gather this very low growth figure has sent shock waves among the heirarchy. Of course the WTS has an answer for everything that might force it to face reality, in this case no doubt the occasionally used 'Jehovah is refining the Organization just before Armaggedon' saftey valve will be brought into play.

I cannot recall a meagre 1% growth figure for the WTS in recent decades. I am quite sure that this will lead to some sort of action at Brooklyn, though of course the bad news will always end up being the fault of its adherents, that is how cultish systems work.

Best regardes - HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit