Is Jesus Christ and Michael the ArchAngel one and the same person?

by booker-t 251 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• myelaine
    myelaine

Dear Green,

I have not read anything that Leo has written that would tell me one way or another whether she was any form of christian or otherwise. She shows no bias in her work.

michelle

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Dear Michelle,

My question to LT still stands: Do Leo's posts promote faith in the Bible?

Sabrina

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

GP,

this was the original question:

Are you saying that Leolaia is explaining the Biblical stand on the question of the soul? Is Leo really upholding the scriptures, LT?

Sabrina

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Your question seems a bit of a non-sequitur.
    Maybe you need to elaborate. What do you mean by "faith"? Do you mean blind faith that every story should be taken on face vaue? If ones about talking snakes then why not ones about burning rich people?

I find my bible understanding enhanced by her research.

Incidentally, the Tripart thread will have to wait. I had finished it and lost it - I feel sick to the stomach at losing that work, and need to sleep. It's near midnight here.

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Frank,

This was my question:

LT,

I ask you again, please.

Do Leo's posts promote faith in the Bible?

Sabrina

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I find it interesting that instead of responding to the individual points I made or the evidence I supplied, Sabrina reduces the whole issue on the resurrection and immortality down to whether my posts "promote faith in the Bible". If the answer is no, does that mean my points and evidence are discredited? Or if yes, does it mean that a view that merely promotes faith in the Bible is to be found correct or preferred -- regardless of what the evidence is? As it is, I fail to see how my post -- which attempted to explain the biblical view(s) on the resurrection and the afterlife as explained in the Bible itself and illuminated by contemporary Jewish writings (including Josephus) -- has any bearing on "faith in the Bible". I would rather say that it supports the Bible's view of the resurrection against the misunderstandings promoted by the Watchtower Society. My post was instead designed as rejecting "faith in the Watchtower Society".

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Faith is the evidence of things hoped for, a fruit of the spirit, by the spirit.
    You don't have it in a book, you have it in living promises, hence in God.

If you ask me whether or not it's possible to have faith in the promises to believers, as found in the bible, that's another matter. And in connection with Leo, I've read nothing in her work that would suggest she undermines that. Not unless you're determined to take a fundamentally flawed interpretation of what scripture is and means.

For example. Spirit born believers look forward to enjoying eternal, immortal life with Christ, that isn't bounded by death (even currently the JW's believe that to be true, post 1914). Leo's post, above, would support that view as being biblically correct, regardless of her own personally held convictions, or lack thereof.

I really don't see what your issue is.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Leo:
    Well put.

Sabrina:
    In direct answer, in connection with what I understand to be the biblical teaching on the soul, yes and yes. Though if you don't like her research you'll likely answer no...

I did declare my position early on. I believe in an immortal soul.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

The Wt has no problem with the 144k going to heaven. What part of their flesh is going to manifest a spirit to achieve this? (according to their doctrine)

Somewhere along the line they'll need a spirit to accomplish this.

"Reasoning from the scriptures" page 385;

"Thus, after a person dies, his spirit does not exist as an immaterial being that can think and carry out plans apart from the body"

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Leolaia,

I find it interesting that instead of responding to the individual points I made or the evidence I supplied, Sabrina reduces the whole issue on the resurrection and immortality down to whether my posts "promote faith in the Bible".
    Leo, my question was posed to LT because he has stated he is a believer and a Christian. Therefore his beliefs were to me relevant.
    If the answer is no, does that mean my points and evidence are discredited? Or if yes, does it mean that a view that merely promotes faith in the Bible is to be found correct or preferred -- regardless of what the evidence is?
    You totally misread the whole of my question. I wanted to know what LT thought. You continue to look at the miniscule and miss the obvious.
    As it is, I fail to see how my post -- which attempted to explain the biblical view(s) on the resurrection and the afterlife as explained in the Bible itself and illuminated by contemporary Jewish writings (including Josephus) -- has any bearing on "faith in the Bible". I would rather say that it supports the Bible's view of the resurrection against the misunderstandings promoted by the Watchtower Society. My post was instead designed as rejecting "faith in the Watchtower Society".

I give you that. But lady, your general tone is anti-Bible. And LT's shying here and there about it is not manly because it is well known here that you do not support the inspiration of the Bible.

Sabrina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit