Is Jesus Christ and Michael the ArchAngel one and the same person?

by booker-t 251 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    Ellderwho, re: Col. 1:15
    Obviously you hold that verse as literal, not figurative?

Yes.

• Gen. 41:51-52, "And Joseph called the name of the first-born Manasseh: For, said he, God hath made me forget all my toil, and all my father?s house. And the name of the second called he Ephraim: For God hath made me fruitful in the land of my affliction" (NASB)
  • Jer. 31:9, "...for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is My firstborn (NASB)."
  • Green, do you feel the above would be a "figurative" or "literal" read?

Edited to add: Leo, I hope I can learn as much as you've forgotten. Thanks again. EW

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

LT,

Are you saying that Leolaia is explaining the Biblical stand on the question of the soul? Is Leo really upholding the scriptures, LT?

Sabrina

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sabrina:For the last couple of days I've felt I needed to post a thread about the "Tri-part man" doctrine.
    Maybe that would be a good place to widen out this discussion, as it goes into the subject of the soul and the spirit...

Edited to add:I believe she is, yes.

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Hi LT,

I look forward to your post! Though in all candor you did not answer my questions.

Sabrina

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sabrina:
    What part of:

I believe she is, yes.

did you not get

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

No, that's just more stuff made up by the Watchtower...who have spent way too much time at the hash bar in Amsterdam...

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Sorry LT, when I posted my comment I had not yet seen your edit. I post online and do take some time to compose the post.

How do Leo's posts support your stand on the soul?

Do you feel Leo promotes faith in the Bible?

Sabrina

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sabrina:
    Leo shows the contemporary thoughts of the day, and how the early Christian writers interacted with them.

Her posts are critical, from a literary perspective, so whether or not she supports any particular doctrine is irrelevant - she has a lack of bias on her side, as has Narkissos.

They neither denigrate peoples' beliefs, nor massage their egos. I love that level of honesty.
    I thoroughly enjoy discussing things with them, and I believe it's I that comes away the more enlightened.
    On more than a few occasions I've challenged them (especially with regard to stating things as fact when they're only "probable") and they have graciously acceded, or elaborated.

Regardless of their lack of belief in "BibleGod TM " the show a distinct love of the literature of the bible that glows in their writing. I'm afraid I can't help but respect that. It warms my heart.

I should also be very categoric in stating that my "Faith" is in Christ, in accordance with Heb.11:1.
    Most people who state they have "faith in the bible" end up taking one of two positions when challenged by critical writings:

• Either they fall to pieces as their faith is shot away; or
    • They get entrenched in their "interpretation" of the text.

IMHO neither is healthy...
    Remember, the truth has nothing to fear..

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

LT,

I ask you again, please.

Do Leo's posts promote faith in the Bible?

Sabrina

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

GP,

Changed the question no fare.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit