Service Year Report of Jehovah?s Witnesses Worldwide

by frogit 39 Replies latest forum announcements

• Pole
    Pole

Elsewhere,

If they are as computer savvy as they claim, why can't they just run a quick SQL query to tally up all the numbers?

Here is one for the total number of hours:

SELECT
    SUM(publisher.number_of_hours)
    FROM
    publisher
    WHERE
    publisher.status != inactive
    AND publisher.status != irregular
    ORDER BY
    publisher.country DESC
    ;

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Sounds like they are stalling and need to fudge the figure or perhaps need to give the lower figures the right slant and have several writters working on it.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Perhaps jehovah's speeding chariot like org has lost a wheel again. It's still riding on bronz and wood while the world floats along on pnuematic rubber radials.

S

• Purza
    Purza
    Sounds like they are stalling and need to fudge the figure or perhaps need to give the lower figures the right slant and have several writters working on it.

I was thinking the same thing. They need more time to put a better "spin" on the numbers.

Purza

• observador
    observador

Humn, this doesn't smell good.

Could they move the end of the service year to a month later? This could boost their numbers and, with the right spin, nobody would notice....

...very fishy.

Observador.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

They must be using the Ohio tallying system!!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Putting the Service Year Report into the February 1st issue will ensure that it 'goes public' slap bang in the height of the Christmas season. Just another WT tactic to obfuscate and bury unfavourable news. 'Worldly' opponents and commentators will be much less likely to feature the Watchtower report in news reports etc.

Just my two pennies worth.....

• blondie
    blondie

These numbers come out in the Yearbook as well. I wonder if the yearbooks are being delayed. Many JWs get them early as "gifts" from a Bethelite.

Blondie

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

This is getting curiouser and curiouser!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

They must be using the same accounting practices as Nortel Networks.....and Worldcom and Enron for that matter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit