Service Year Report of Jehovah?s Witnesses Worldwide

by frogit 39 Replies latest forum announcements

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

After many decades of the practice of releasing the annual report in the January 1st WT, the Brooklyn Boyz delay a month for the 2004 disService Year. Why?

It's doubful that the change is because of a computer foul up; the annual statistics were published for many years without any computer assistance at all.

LIkewise, there's been no news of any problems on getting the base statistics in to Crooklyn on time.

I'll bet that some of the numbers were so bad that the disService Department and the Gibbering Baboons were forced to add in another month to the annual total and try to pass it off as a regular twelve month year. Alternatively, the nature of the results is totally out of whack with the correspondng WT study article and that there has been a significant, high level opinion split on how to perform the annual spin doctoring. It may be that the WTBTS elite have finally recognized that the field service has totally collapsed in the developed countries and they're not yet sure on how to handle the news.

The yearbook will likely be delayed until the very last minute. Perhaps the following yearbook won't have any statistics at all if they try another month shift next year.

Someone should keep an eye on the WTBTS website to see if the report shows up there before it comes out in print.

• acsot
    acsot

Blondie was right in her first post; the delays are that some branches have not sent in their reports on time, my "sources" say that Haiti is one of the tardy countries.

I had the "privilege" of having supper with some special pioneer dubs and the branch coordinator of a Latin American country at the beginning of October. They had all just come back from the annual meeting and were joking about how certain countries are always late in sending in their reports. Every year it's always the same countries that are slow, this year it's just a bit later than usual so they probably won't make it to the publishing deadline in time for the January 1st issue.

Of course, many of the above posted scenarios sound so much more sinister than just mere tardiness.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ac

I had the "privilege" of having supper with some special pioneer dubs and the branch coordinator of a Latin American country at the beginning of October.

You poor thing. We must needs get together a convocation to exorcise the demons. Just kidding, i know that they keep their demons way up their butts, or in their closets.

• metatron
    metatron

Lemme get this straight:

After countless decades of number worship, and despite the emergence of the

internet, satellite communication, Fed Ex, and faxing, suddenly they can't deal with a

few tardy countries? At the very least, this would be a serious loss of internal

discipline.

metatron

• Will Power
    Will Power

Maybe the whole country defected.

• acsot
    acsot
    After countless decades of number worship, and despite the emergence of the

internet, satellite communication, Fed Ex, and faxing, suddenly they can't deal with a

few tardy countries? At the very least, this would be a serious loss of internal

discipline.

Metatron - I wish I had thought of saying something like that during that boring upbuilding evening!!!!

I think I was invited to that supper because the super-dub couple who are friends with all these people in the upper realms of dubdom had attended my mother's funeral, and so undoubtedly thought I needed the "spiritual encouragement" after having been through so much with mum and the hospitals etc.

If they only knew what I use those opportunities for !

Satanus: how about coffee instead?

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

It's worse than a serious loss of discipline if the annual reporting schedule, in use for many decades, has to be adjusted because of tardiness. In all past reported cases of significant failure to perform according to the desires of WTBTS elite, the offenders at a branch office were immediately either demoted or booted.

But the elite can't pull this off so easily nowadays. Why? Because there are too few sufficiently capable replacements in the branches. Are you surprised? Don't be, for it is a natural result of the talent drain that started after the WTBTS 1975 prediction debacle and intensified by the 1994 generation bait and switch. This drain has since been reaching into the upper levels and is seen today with branch overseers who either can't or won't follow a calendar.

The elite fear replacing these non-performers because any candidates are either even more incompetent or, worse, even less likely to toe the WTBTS line. Either way, bad news for the elite. And it's sure to get worse.

• Triple A
    Triple A

Maybe we were not suppose to make it to today let alone January 1st and now they are scrambling to put those numbers together.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ac

K.

S

• metatron
    metatron

I think you're getting close to the truth about the organization. I sincerely hope that they

fall victim to a "too stupid to live" scenario.

They MUST be stretched extremely thin , when you think about it. How many corporations

today deal with as many countries and languages and legal systems as the Watchtower

does? They could easily get caught in a legal or political disaster anywhere simply because

they don't have enough talented people to cope with emerging issues

Even when they manage to snag someone with more than a few neurons to rub together,

they run the risk of becoming dependent on someone who could succumb to the internet

overnight.

They desperately want the world to go away, or slow down - or the organization to become

manageable based on a willing moronic simplicity. It isn't going to work.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit