Today, I'm Going To Bring The "Crisis of Conscience "Book To My Mother

by minimus 70 Replies latest jw friends

• IT Support
    IT Support

Minimus,

How about showing your mum a quote from the old Truth book:

Since we do not want our worship to be in vain, it is important for each one of us to examine his religion. We need to examine, not only what we personally believe, but also what is taught by any religious organization with which we may be associated. Are its teachings in full harmony with God's Word, or are they based on the traditions of men? If we are lovers of the truth, there is nothing to fear from such an examination? (The Truth that Leads to Eternal Life, 1968, p 13)

Actually does anyone have a Truth book they can scan: I'd love a scan of that page for my own parents.

Regards,

Ken

• Odrade
    Odrade

I have a scan, just don't know how to post it. I can email it to you...

Odrade

• minimus
    minimus

This is unbelievable!! The elders visited my mother for 2 hours today. She made them admit that they ALREADY had decided that they were removing her as a pioneer before they visited her. The CO used the excuse that because she was so sickly, they would think it would be better for her to stop since she had "reached a milestone" in pioneering for 40 years. They admitted that it was the CO that wanted to make an example of my daughter because 2 years before that, another sister suddenly got married to a "worldly" man and they didn't mark her because she was dating him on the QT. My mother told them of others that were not sanctioned for doing the exact same thing she had done but the elders asked her if she was going to recount all the others while admitting that they should've removed them too, but the CO told them they can't let this one go (again). They told her Jehovah was disciplining her for going to her granddaughter's wedding and that perhaps my daughter might come to the realization that she needs to come back to the "truth", therefore, MY MOTHER IS TO AVOID ALL SOCIALIZATION WITH HER!!! I then said, "This new policy means that because my daughter married a non-Witness she is to be treated the same way as a disfellowshipped relative living outside the home". My mother couldn't grasp that this was the same punitive action because she is not df'd. I asked her to read the 81 Wt. on df'd relatives living outside the home and the fact that you can't socialize with them.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

geez... so your goal is to reach "milestones" not to serve jehovah? did they offer any comfort to her? any practical help ? how did she stomach the visit min?

She made them admit that they ALREADY had decided that they were removing her as a pioneer before they visited her. The CO used the excuse that because she was so sickly, they would think it would be better for her to stop since she had "reached a milestone" in pioneering for 40 years.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    They told her Jehovah was disciplining her

Elders=Jehovah

Such hard-hearted, unloving jerks. On the good side, your mom is sure to see this.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i caught that too lis.. disgusting. all of its disgusting that they should treat an elderlly one in such a way.

• minimus
    minimus

What gets me is that these elders admit that they themselves would not've pursued anything but because the CO told them they had, the puppets followed orders. Then they leave with sowing the seed that my mom must cease socialing with her granddaughter so as to shame her, to get her to see that she needs to "repent". If she has real "repentance", does that mean she will get a divorce and start attending meetings again??

• IT Support
    IT Support

Hi minimus,

What gets me is that these elders admit that they themselves would not've pursued anything but because the CO told them they had, the puppets followed orders.

I can feel your hurt coming through your words. I know it won't make things feel any better, but remember, it's not 'personal' in that they're not targetting your mother directly, they probably genuinely belive they're 'doing the right thing'? and would have done just the same with anyone else.

To be blunt, I now shudder at some of the things I've done in the past--in retrospect I think I must have been self-righteous and pompous. I wasn't meaning to be, it's just the 'system.'

Might not your mother's hurt open her eyes?

Best wishes,

Ken

• blondie
    blondie

"This new policy means that because my daughter married a non-Witness she is to be treated the same way as a disfellowshipped relative living outside the home".

Irreverent says this is "BS." If that were true, she can't talk to her at all ever, not just in social settings. Where is the WTS written policy on this? In some elders letter filed away in a locked file cabinet somewhere where the rank and file can't see it?

It makes me want to vomit when I think of several elders here who have regular contact with their DF'd children who are still violating the WTS behavioral rules requiring DFing.

I hope your mom can see what a bunch of horsehockey this is.

Blondie

• one
    one

min,

isn't your mother anointed?

YOU are being tracked.

As Alan and others said, jw do not questiong the org until they are hurt, personally...

BTW

about a week ago a jw relative told me "you know something I don't know"... "I want to know", but until I am sure relatives REALLY want to 'know' I don't say much.

In summary the jw relative said that the facts speak volumes and that in every family situation I have done the right thing in contrast to what everyoneelse is saying. So there is light for them at the end of the tunnel.

Regarding CoC book, when i put my hans on it a felt unconfortable even i had nothing to do with the jw for years.

Just to give you an idea of the terror...inculcated, specially affecting people who beleive in demons... it is not easy my friend. It requires a lot of emotional and mental power to jump.

What jw need first is to be exposed to psicoanalisys and other nonconfrontational issues, like argumentation and logic, but that is too much for most of them.

BTW now that going to a "mental doctor" and take therapy is allowed to jw just watch. Any decent psicologist will tell exactly what their problem is... why do you think wt for decades did not allowed it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit