Today, I'm Going To Bring The "Crisis of Conscience "Book To My Mother

by minimus 70 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

MIn,

I wish the best for your mom. I'm glad she is starting to agree with you. I hope she does OK in remaining years she has on this earth. I think to know the truth is better,,and I think your mother will be ok with it.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Good job! I'm waiting in the wings to give that book to a few people I think my wife is almost ready...!

• Odrade
    Odrade

Okay, I'm still keying back to the marking talk against your inactive daughter... WTH? Hasn't she been away for quite awhile? I have never heard a talk given against someone who has been inactive for a length of time who marries an "unbeliever." I am NOT DOUBTING you. With the action taken against your mother, and the talk against your daughter, it's clear that someone on that BOE has a grudge in for you. Who are they going to go after next?

BTW, good for you with the CoC book, and good for your mom for starting to see things as they are... petty men trying to force people to do things their way or be punished.

O

• IT Support
    IT Support

Well done, I hope all goes well.

Regards,

Ken

• bebu
    bebu

Keep on patiently helping your mom, Min. We're pulling/hoping/praying for her! Let us know how it goes!

bebu

• Shakita
    Shakita

Wow, way to go Minimus! I am so very happy for you. It begins with baby steps, you know.

I still have a grown daughter who is in the org. that I love very much. I can just hope that one day she will have her eyes opened, too. There is always hope, and stories like yours are great to hear.

Good luck!

Mrs. Shakita

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Minimus wrote:

My mom has expressed concern that she won't have "any place to go". My wife encouraged her to read the book at the appropriate time for her and go from there.......I am very hopeful.

Wonderful news! Your lovely wife sounds like a very tactful and considerate lady. Your mom does have some place to go, only she doesn't know it yet because of the brainwash. It's what the dubs teach. Just know she will find it. She also has someone very supportive in her life, namely you and your gracious wife who will help her make the transition. I hold a vision of your mom leaving the dubs with ease and joy.

Love,

ESTEE

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

BEST WISHES FOR YOU MIN. AND YOUR MOM AND FAMILY.

MIGHT BE GOOD TO MONITOR HER EMOTIONAL REACTIONS. I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED IF SHE HAS A BOUT WITH DEPRESSION.

MIGHT BE A GOOD IDEA TO KEEP HER SOMEWHAT BUSY SO SHE CAN FOCUS ON THINGS OTHER THAN SEEING THE WBTS FOR WHAT IT IS. AT LEAST FOR A WHILE.

VISITS FROM THE YOUNG FOLKS AND DOING THINGS TOGETHER WOULD HELP ALSO.

I'M SURE YOU ALREADY ARE AWARE OF THESE THINGS.

Outoftheorg

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

When persons are in great danger from a source that they do not suspect or are being misled by those they consider their friends, is it an unkindness to warn them? They may prefer not to believe the warning. They may even resent it.But does that free one from the moral responsibility to give that warning?

THE WATCHTOWER MAGAZINE, JANUARY 15, 1974.

Minimus, we are all with you, even though this quote is in the book, if she has that WT.magazine, let her read it for herself. Take care my friend.

Blueblades

• toreador
    toreador

Thats great to hear Minnie!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit