Today, I'm Going To Bring The "Crisis of Conscience "Book To My Mother

by minimus 70 Replies latest jw friends

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Do you think she will turn you in?

• minimus
    minimus

No. She's known for quite a while my views and has kept it to herself, hoping and praying that I "will come back to Jehovah" (the organization).

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

Mimimus, good for you

Guilt is such a powerful thing, I'm sure your mother is feeling guilty for having the book (as many of us did) If I gave it to my mom she would likely start to read it but then confess to the elders. What do you think you mom will do? I hope it works out.

-Doodle-V

• minimus
    minimus

I think my mother, if she started reading the book, wouldn't be able to put it down. She enjoys research, history and the Bible. Franz writes this book as if he were still writing a WT. publication. That's why he gets to JWs. It's almost like reading a Watchtower.

• bebu
    bebu

Isn't the introduction to the book online, at Randy's site? I can't remember if your mom is online or not, min, but if so... send her a link, perhaps?

I wonder if you can gently push her to investigate by saying something like, "Maybe you could show me something that would explain away the difficulties I've had." Give her an incentive: she wants you back in the fold. Capitalize on that.

It must be a really awful struggle for her right now!

Good luck, min!

bebu

• minimus
    minimus

My mom thinks the internet is from Satan. Any nightmares or illness will be Ray Franz' fault.

• freedom96
    freedom96

My mom had the pleasure of meeting Ray, and she tells me he is so sincere, a gentle man. Maybe if your mom could understand who Ray Franz really is, it would help. I think the title of his book is perfect. He is not a mean, vindictive person. He is certainly not evil. He simply saw stuff going on that he couldn't live with.

• minimus
    minimus

Like anything, half the battle is getting someone to "sin" and take a peek. The organization has truly blinded the minds of people. They will get their just desserts.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw
    My mom thinks the internet is from Satan.

That ridiculous. It's from Al Gore

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, Al Gore/John Kerry is Satan, aka the Devil.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit