Tons Of Iraq Explosives Missing

by teejay 149 Replies latest social current

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

SaintSatan :

I only rebutted H?s false claim. It is amusing watching all the twists and turns you guys make when presented with the facts....lol

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Dubla,

with all due respect, that isnt what you said. you said that the people believed saddam had wmds based on the evidence that the bush administration fed to them....

No, you are quite wrong. re-read my post. I said that people *agreed on the need for war* based on what the Bush administration fed them. Seperate yourself from arguments based on party politics and look at the big picture. I have no emotions invested in either side of the the US presidential debacle and this allows for a viewpoint based on critical thinking, not on the desire to win partisan political points - a thoroughly useless enterprise anyway for non-politicians - especially on a discussion board.

first off, your analogy was poor for the simple fact that a lot of people still feel it was right to oust saddam...including every soldier ive spoken to (the soldiers that are supposed to be up in arms for fighting an unnecessary war).

This is not about whether there was a default benefit to invading Iraq. This on about whether the invasion was justified on what now appears to be tenous misinformation. It is a matter on international law. The 'default benefit' argument falls apart when we acknowledge countries who represent far more danger to their people and their neighbours than did Iraq, Syria and Iran for example, .

Whoever was responsible for this misinformation is guilty of misinformation and should face the consequences. Whoever endangered and lost the lives of thousands based on this misinformation should also face the consequences. I care little which political party they choose to squat in, I would like to see their heads on a spike....lol

Best regards - HS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

ThiChi,

I only rebutted H?s false claim.

In order to rebutt my 'false' claim you have to understand the claim to begin with. It is obvious that you did not.

HS

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

"""This administration took the world to war on the basis of misniformation, Clinton did not.""

Yawn.............twisting and a turning....la la lal aalaaa....lol

Your remarks beg the question: What then, did Clinton belive about Iraq? I posted this information.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    Whoever was responsible for this misinformation is guilty of misinformation and should face the consequences.

That would be an awfully long line going back many years.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

""That would be an awfully long line going back many years.""

You really make a very power point...

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

TchiChi,

"""This administration took the world to war on the basis of misniformation, Clinton did not.""

Yawn.............twisting and a turning....la la lal aalaaa....lol

God, you are a pretty silly person TchiChi. Prove my statement incorrect, or go back to your Spiderman comics.

HS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Xena,

That would be an awfully long line going back many years.

and....?

HS

• Realist
    Realist

dubla,

it is not surprising simon is loosing his temper. this is like a discussion with JWs about religion. from an outsiders perspective it is just mind blowing that people can still adhere to their faith in the US gov. after what bush et al pulled over there in iraq (not that previous govs were that much better). at one point one just wants to scream (i know how it feels...i had a JW girlfriend for over a year! )

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Realist,

from an outsiders perspective it is just mind blowing that people can still adhere to their faith in the US gov. after what bush et al pulled over there in iraq (not that previous govs were that much better

This is what is so dismal about the pro-Bush contingent on this board. They see all criticism of their glorious leader as an assualt against truth and integrity. It does not matter how much you try to convince them that ones only objective is reason, any anti Iraq talk is seen as anti Bush talk. It cannot filter through their fanaticism, that some of us have no vested interest in *any* of the parties invoved in this war, but that we can smell a dead rat when it is served up for breakfast.

It does as you note, very much remind me of many, many conversations with Jehovah's Witnesses that I wished that I had been spared. One lives in hope that one day, living in denial will not be their daily 'soup de jour'.

In all fariness I have found Dubla to be open to reasonable discussion and we have talked about this issue for a long time without reaching a compromise, but also without rancor. It is easier to respect his viewpoint as he does not go off scurrying like a cut and paste rat as soon as challenged, but at least tries to reach his own conclusions. This has to be admired.

Best regards - HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit