Tons Of Iraq Explosives Missing

by teejay 149 Replies latest social current

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Amac:

First off, it is amazing this is what you want to discuss. Not the meat of the issue, just nuances of back-peddling and off topic claims. Ok for your benefit, I will play:

""a crass and overly premature victory message to not only the crew of the USS Lincoln but to the whole world? ""

The "victory message" claim is false (like all of Teejay?s claims on this issue).

Fact: The Lincoln did two tours of duty in two theaters of war. They were released of their duty. The mission was accomplished. They made their objectives. Are you somehow claiming that the Lincoln Crew was required to Administer the Iraqi reconstruction? Is this what you want us to believe?

What was the Mission for the Lincoln?

Fact: It was at first, to enforce the "No Fly Zone" in Iraq. The Mission then became support for the efforts in Afghanistan and then the overthrow of Saddam with Air support and Tomahawk Missel support. The Lincoln was replaced with the Nimitz Strike Group.

"It truly did signify a mission accomplished for the crew," Navy Cmdr. Conrad Chun said, adding the president's visit marked the end of the ship's 10-month international deployment.

What did Bush say about the Iraq War in his Speech?

""Admiral Kelly, Captain Card, officers and sailors of the USS Abraham Lincoln, and my fellow Americans: Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the Battle of Iraq , the United States and our allies have prevailed. And now our coalition is engaged in securing and reconstructing that country....""

(No "Mission Over" or "victory message" from Bush yet. This phase of the war for Iraq was over, still more to do...)

""We have difficult work to do in Iraq. We are bringing order to parts of that country that remain dangerous. We are pursuing and finding leaders of the old regime, who will be held to account for their crimes. We have begun the search for hidden chemical and biological weapons, and already know of hundreds of sites that will be investigated. We are helping to rebuild Iraq, where the dictator built palaces for himself, instead of hospitals and schools for the people. And we will stand with the new leaders of Iraq as they establish a government of, by, and for the Iraqi people. ""

(Wow, Bush is correct, Iraq is still dangerous no "victory message" here, where is it, TJ?)

Amac: Bush speech disagrees with your "Bush put his foot in his mouth comment"

The president said his statement "was a clear statement, basically recognizing that this phase of the war for Iraq was over and there was a lot of dangerous work. And it's proved to be right, it is dangerous in Iraq.

This is a case of "Perception becomes reality" in your and Teejay?s mind. But, the facts don't back it up.

Bush continues:

""The transition from dictatorship to democracy will take time, but it is worth every effort. Our coalition will stay until our work is done. Then we will leave, and we will leave behind a free Iraq.""

(Wow, Bush's words sure paints a different picture you are trying to make. No "victory message"here or "foot in the mouth" for Bush....???)

The rest of the Speech was about America?s resolve to fight terrorism abroad.

Funny, but the radical left never plays the sound bites of the president, they just show the image with the banner. I wonder why?

"""Do you Believe Bush......?""""

Unlike you, I cannot second guess what Bush knew or did not know. I do know that the crew of the Lincoln felt they completed their mission, based on the sign they put put. I can only observe the facts of the matter. And based on the Facts, your information was old, incomplete and the implications with the Picture was mis-used to prove your (false) point. Again, shame on you!

Amac, funny how you left out this part of the rebuttal:

"""The what I find absolutely fascinating is your seeming unwillingness, your abject REFUSAL, to admit to any error on Bush's part""

Teejay, in an effort to obfuscate the facts, Accused me of something that was not true. But hey, if he can mis represent the actions of the President, he can sure do it to me...

My only claims were: No dates on the story posted; this was old news; Bush did not even use the words "MA" in his speech on the Lincoln and the banner was the Crews request and Idea. And lastly, I do not think Bush is error free. Anyone who has researched my posts knows by beef with Bush.

Most appreciated Bush?s visit and the historic speech given on the Lincoln. It reflects the fact that the Military supports Bush 4 to 1 over Kerry. I wonder why?

Nice try, but the Facts of the matter prove otherwise..........

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

AMAC:

Get peeved at me for the change in direction...I'm the foreigner that hijacked the thread ..Just lob a few spitballs my way instead of cruise missles though....

ThiChi:

1. This is a lot of tonnage 380+ Looters can?t just cart this stuff off in a wheel barrel, as some have tried to claim. This takes the big rigs and planning....

Sadam did have a penchant for guerilla warefare lately...I'd think its highly likely that there was this sorta gameplan in place in case the war couldn't be averted...just release a whole slew of prisoners into the mix and you've got a nice quagmire for the incoming troops.

2. If they can hide explosives, why can?t they hide WMDs too? This may prove what I have been saying all along: It?s not if WMD exist, but where did they go?
    Any new info on what was being shuttled between Iraq and Syria (before and at the beginning of the war)?
  • patio34
    patio34

Well the bumbling, Keystone-Cops approach of the Bush cabal is shown up once again for what it truly is: inept and incapable of doing anything right.

(Edited) religious zealot clings to his belief no matter what the evidence. Lol, most of the supporters of the bumblers-in-theif are very religious.

Wake up and smell the coffee! About 50 Iraqi police were executed, Bush wants 70 Billion more for his folly, and almost 400 tons of explosives are missing! What a trifecta of news this week! And the right says it's politically motivated---Bushit! ROFLMAO!

(Edited) the Church of Bush or Father Bush, lol!

Pat

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Midget:

Good points made. This discussion is refreshing.....

Patio:

Is this what you are reduced to? Edited remarks? No Substance?

I stand by my claims. I proved them. However, I understand how perception can become reality with some...good luck.

As I have proved the explosives are really a red herring. Notwithstanding, if it were even true (which has yet to be proven), the amount missing would be 1/10th of 1 percent of what the US has secured in Iraq. Some context here?

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

""IAEA chief Mohamed ElBaradei told the United Nations in February 2003 that Iraq had declared that "HMX previously under IAEA seal had been transferred for use in the production of industrial explosives, primarily to cement plants as a booster for explosives used in quarrying."""

Well, I wonder....

• heathen
    heathen

I think Bush was insinuating that all is well in Iraq . He continues to ignore the facts on the situation . Bin Laden was supposed to be the main point of the war on terror but remains a serious threat . The Iraqi people are not pro US instead they are violtently opposed to the US occupation . The US lincoln battle group did not secure the region . I was listening to madelin albright and even she was stating what a misserable failure the whole situation is when she was on Jon Stewart . Under the Bush administration the US will spend hundreds of billions of dollars on a problem that cannot be resolved with US occupation .

Bush and his idiots in power need to make a speedy exit from power .

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Did you know you would need forty semi-trucks, semi-trailer trucks to spirit this stuff away....?

Its all over the News, this is a fraud...lol Nice Try

I told you yesterday that this CNN story that ran was an old story, that these weapons have been missing for 18 or 19 months. It took NBC Nightly News last night and their report to prove it. An NBC embedded reporting unit was with the101st Airborne April 10th, 2003. Baghdad fell April 9th, 2003. When the embedded reporters got to the Al Qaqaa weapons site with the 101st Airborne, there were no explosives in that cache that everybody thought were going to be there. They had been moved. This story the CNN/New York Times ran yesterday will now be listed on many dates that shall live in infamy: December 7th, 1941, an attack on Pearl Harbor; September 11th, 2001, an attack on our homeland, and October 25th, 2004, another attack by the media on our election process.

John Kerry in the process, showed what he is made of,and continues to do so today. He shows what kind of leader he would or wouldn't be. He bought the misleading story without checking; he ran with the misleading story and continues to do so even as we speak. He amplified the misleading story with images of deaths and destruction. He dramatized the misleading story as only a pompous orator can.

What happened to this stuff?

""IAEA chief Mohamed ElBaradei told the United Nations in February 2003 that Iraq had declared that "HMX previously under IAEA seal had been transferred for use in the production of industrial explosives, primarily to cement plants as a booster for explosives used in quarrying."""

This seems resonable....

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

""I think Bush was insinuating that all is well in Iraq ""

I posted his words here, please show me the words? In fact, he stated that

Iraq was still "dangerous" and the next step was "securing Iraq."

Please don?t tell me that perception over reality is your goal too?

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Friends, the President of the United States of America on this topic:

"After repeatedly calling Iraq the wrong war, and a diversion, Senator Kerry this week seemed shocked to learn that Iraq is a dangerous place, full of dangerous weapons..."

"If Senator Kerry had his way... Saddam Hussein would still be in power. He would control those all of those weapons and explosives and could share them with his terrorist friends. Now the senator is making wild charges about missing explosives, when his top foreign policy adviser admits, quote, 'We do not know the facts.' Think about that: The senator is denigrating the actions of our troops and commanders in the field without knowing the facts..."

"Our military is now investigating a number of possible scenarios, including that the explosives may have been moved before our troops even arrived at the site. This investigation is important and it's ongoing. And a political candidate who jumps to conclusions without knowing the facts is not a person you want as your commander in chief."

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

George Bush !!! and we have to believe this lying bag of garabage? Do all you Bush butt kissers have short memories? Isn't this is the same guy that lied about the so called WoMD?

Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit