Tons Of Iraq Explosives Missing

by teejay 149 Replies latest social current

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Gads Frenchy, but you're are up late....

"with the wind" is the propaganda part

It might seem so to you..... but even if we set aside anything he's said or done during this election season, I'm talking about his 20 year record in the Senate.

• Satanus
    Satanus

XW & Thichi

There is a certain amount of continuity in policy, no matter which party gets in. Anyone who believes that the war will cease w kerry is naive. He assured that the security of israel was a foundation point for him.

As you both know, this iraq issue goes back to bush1 and his lies: first of all, reneging on his permission of saddam's entry into kuwait, then the lies that he and his pr firm came up w to fuel american support for desert storm one. Clinton did the bare minimum. Bush2 seems to be attempting to outdo his daddy.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

Wait a minute. It was margeret thatcher who visited ghw bush after he had said that he was not thinking intervention into saddam's invasion of kuwait. It was margie who changed ghw's mind. She told him that it was no time to be going wobbley.

W bush's best supporter is british. Could there be a connection between margie and blaire? Might british govt interest in iraq be connected w it's own old unfinished business there, and also its own actions in the creation of iraq?

S

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    W bush's best supporter is british. Could there be a connection between margie and blaire? Might british govt interest in iraq be connected w it's own old unfinished business there, and also its own actions in the creation of iraq?

And what about the Margie / House of Saud connection .... where will that path led us? Stay tuned. (sounds like a soap opera). ohhhhhh, S iiiiii monnn ... what are the Brits REALLY hiding?

• Realist
    Realist

satanus,

It was margie who changed ghw's mind. She told him that it was no time to be going wobbley.

where did you get that story from? The US intentionally set up hussein with giving full permission to the iraqi kuwait invasion.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Double edge

If i had the time and energy, i would research this. But, i guess that i will leave it as an unanswered question, unless there is some history buff who fills it in.

Realist

Yes, it was reported on by npr (national public radio). I think that i have it somewhere.

S

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Satanus,

I think that i have it somewhere.

I think I've heard that somewhere before! *lol* (Just playing with you. )

• Satanus
    Satanus

Here it is:

Commentary: President Bush May be Trying to Avoid Appearances of Wobbling on his Iraqi Stance

All Things Considered: September 4, 2002
    Going 'Wobbly'
    DANIEL SCHORR:

At dinner last Saturday at that Aspen ranch of Henry Catto, former ambassador to Britain, he recalled the daylong meeting of President Bush Sr. and British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher in his house on August 3rd, 1990, the day after the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait.

JACKI LYDEN, host:

NPR News analyst Daniel Schorr.

SCHORR: The president had said before leaving Washington that, `We're not discussing intervention. I am not contemplating such action.' Thatcher told him, `George, this is no time to go wobbly.' At the ensuing joint press conference, Bush, his spine stiffened, said he was considering steps to end the naked aggression, and thus he started down the road to war.

Today, Bush Jr. agonizes about how not to be perceived as going wobbly if he does not soon make good on his many suggestions, a forceful action to bring down the regime of Saddam Hussein. Bush has so far not presented convincing evidence of an imminent threat nor proof of Iraqi support for the al-Qaeda terrorists. That makes it difficult to assemble decisive congressional, public and international support without which military action is somewhere between difficult and unfeasible.

So now with Secretary of State Colin Powell for the first time openly acknowledging a split in the official family, the president seems to be embarked on an effort to back off his limb of pre-emption. He is soliciting the advice of Congress, the American people and the international community. After his meeting this morning with congressional leaders, he stressed a wish for open dialogue about our future and how to deal with it. He said that in his speech to the United Nations on September 12th, he will talk about ways of making sure that Saddam Hussein, who has been stiffing the world, can be made to fulfill his obligations. No mention of armed action or even regime change, which, in any event, would not survive a veto in the Security Council.

His retreat, if that's what it is, will have to be carefully orchestrated if it is not to cause him political damage. He could embrace the Powell idea of revived weapons inspection as a first step without giving up the idea of military action as an eventual recourse. The question is how to carry this off without being labeled by the hawks as `wobbly.' This is Daniel Schorr.

Get the voice report here:

http://www.npr.org/ramfiles/atc/20020904.atc.13.ram

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

Eh, seeit.

Funny, that. I just pmed you a minute ago.

S

• Realist
    Realist

satanus,

thatcher was a dangerous and radical element. of course she supported bush and advocated an war. however i don't think her voice was the reason for the US gov's decision to attack iraq. the US was already waiting for hussein to go into the trap of invading kuwait.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit