Name Silly Reasons JWs Get Disfellowshipped

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I heard of a lad (I think he was from Paisley or Renfrew, near Glasgow) who was on his stag-night and was induced to get drunk. His friends then stripped him naked and wrapped him in clingfilm (saran wrap) from neck to toe, before parading him round the streets.

It was found out about and I forget the result. He was either DF'ed or Reproved, and I don't believe they were allowed the Kingdum Hall for the wedding. Understandably his fiance was distraught.

• undercover
    undercover

I can't think of silly reasons (beyond the obvious) but I know of a couple of bizarre cases.

I know a guy who got DFd after he tried to fake his death. I think the official DFing cause was fornication because he was living with some woman while his wife and friends searched all over the ocean for his body.

I knew a girl who was DFd after she died. She was terminally ill, but it was found out that she was shacked up with some guy so a JC meeting wsa held. They met with her and decided to DF her. She died before the announcement. The announcement was made anyway, the funeral could not be at the hall and most of the congregation refused to go to the funeral.

• minimus
    minimus

Undercover, I love that the elders df'd a dead person..........I know of an elder that tried to df a person that committed suicide! Cooler heads prevailed!

• avishai
    avishai
    knew a girl who was DFd after she died. She was terminally ill, but it was found out that she was shacked up with some guy so a JC meeting wsa held. They met with her and decided to DF her. She died before the announcement. The announcement was made anyway, the funeral could not be at the hall and most of the congregation refused to go to the funeral

@$%@%^^@!!!!!!

How low can you get? Geez!!!! Why can't they just leave people alone? Meddling sonsabitches!!

• blondie
    blondie

It always amazed me how they could DF people for fornication/adultery simply because they had stayed overnight (after 2 a.m.) with someone of the opposite sex (or a known homosexual) under the same roof and it was witnessed by 2 JWs (non-JWs are not credible eyewitnesses)..

It seemed ludicrous to me that sex only can take place at night and not during the day. Yet if the same people were unchaperoned during the day in the same circumstances, they would need a confession or 2 witnesses of the actual act.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

That's beyond silly, it's downright mental!!!

• Gopher
    Gopher
    I knew a girl who was DFd after she died.... The announcement was made anyway, the funeral could not be at the hall and most of the congregation refused to go to the funeral.

I thought the Bible said that "he who dies has been acquitted from his sin". So how can the elders DF a person who has already been "acquitted" according to their own Scriptures?

Hail the theocracy!

• undercover
    undercover
    I thought the Bible said that "he who dies has been acquitted from his sin". So how can the elders DF a person who has already been "acquitted" according to their own Scriptures?

It was quite the controversy. I was young at the time and was not allowed to attend the funeral nor was I in on the adult conversations. I remember that some were very upset that the announcement was made. Your comment jogged my memory; it seems that I remember people saying something about the wages sin pays is death thus she has paid, leave it alone. Some people sided with the elders. They know best, let them decide.
    If I remember correctly, the consensus was that since so many people already knew she was "living in sin", the congregation (read "the elders") didn't want any reproach brought on Jehovah (read "the organization"). What made it worse was that most of the congregation knew about her living arrangements. Somehow the elders didn't find out until someone squeeled. She wsa inactive, had been for some time but that didn't stop them from making a federal case of it. I don't really know for sure, but I can almost sense a vindictiveness about it since they were in the dark for so long.

Over the years, I had forgotten about this situation. I remembered it the other day after reading another thread on DFing. Bits and pieces of it are still coming to me over the last few days.

• JAVA
    JAVA

I'm sure there were many JWs disfellowshipped for having oral sex with their spouses--I know of one in our congregation. Voting is a big NO NO--I was kicked out for that crime.

• FallGirl
    FallGirl
    I'm sure there were many JWs disfellowshipped for having oral sex with their spouses--I know of one in our congregation. Voting is a big NO NO--I was kicked out for that crime.

Interesting...guess that's my ticket out since I got my ballot just this weekend! Schweet!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit