Name Silly Reasons JWs Get Disfellowshipped

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I know an argument can be made that any reason is unjustifiable but I'm thinking more of the dumbest reasons. For example, if 2 "witnesses" saw you buy a lottery ticket, you could be df'd for "greediness"......Any others???

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Having sex with an Elder (the silly part is about the sister being disfellowshiped and not the Elder : It happened in one of my congregation ...) I was a kid then and of course I didn't understand and still don't see how he get out of trouble himself. But it's the troof and the WTBS world (so ...)

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I get a kick out of the idea that you can be DF'd for not buying the Watchtower doctrine, but it can change. So it's conceiveable that you could believe X and be DF'd for it, then the Society could change its mind and start teaching X, but you'd still be DF'd.

How would you ever manage to "repent" of the "sin" of being correct too soon?

Wouldn't it be fun to listen in on the reinstatement hearing?

• minimus
    minimus

AA---the Society's view is that you have "run ahead" of Jehovah and His Organization. No excuse. Wait on Jehovah and His Appointed Servants......Frenchy, this is what probably happened: She confessed. He denied it. No 2 witnesses= she get's df'd, he doesn't.

• rocky220
    rocky220

In 1978, after just getting my first apartment[alone]....a [male]friend was seen leaving there after fixing a window, apparently there were 3 elders in the building [one of whom is d'fd today] who decided to wait around until I got home from work...5mins after I got settled in I heard a knock on my door, they demanded an explanation.....I told them it was none of their business. So the ring leader [the one who is d'fd] asked me if I "knew what this meant", since I never coward to "threats", I just said, "Do what ever you like!", and slammed the door on them!. Since then I'd been isolated from this "religion" until 2002 when I discovered JWD, who helped me to understand that I made the right move!!!!! The Borg, as I understand it, only went down hill from then on....rocky220[from the free and vindicated class]

• minimus
    minimus

Rocky, these elders believe you are accountable to them. It is, in the humble opinion, their god-given right to have you account to them. Silly boyz.........Here's another silly reason to disfellowship----SMOKING! If a person has a cigar once in a while (I don't smoke, btw) he or she can be "cut off from the Christian Congregation". Originally, it was supposed to be because of getting involved with "pharmakia", "druggery, which involves demonism".

• shotgun
    shotgun

You could get df'd for holding onto the teachings which were taught when Jehovah selected the Org to to be his earthly reps.

You can get df'd for setting your underwear on fire in the KH library, and for shouting halleujah kill em all several times during each meeting.

Gumby told me those last two, not sure how he knows that!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I thought it was pretty dumb that the Gov. Potty ordered my df'ing for writing them a letter calling them the "whitewashed graves and hypocrites" they are.

• undercover
    undercover
    I get a kick out of the idea that you can be DF'd for not buying the Watchtower doctrine, but it can change. So it's conceiveable that you could believe X and be DF'd for it, then the Society could change its mind and start teaching X, but you'd still be DF'd.

The founder of Christianity operated outside of the then present organized system but is considered truly righteous and true. The founder of the WTS(God's earthly organization) was operating outside of any organized system but is considered the original modern day faithful and discreet slave. Both of these men were apostate teachers(if looking at them from the organized system). If either one of these men rose out of the JW congegation today, they would be DFd.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

AA - the technical reason would be "creating or promoting a sect"

So the only way to not buy all the WT doctrine and not get DF'd is to never tell anyone - e.g. "promote a sect"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit