My wife has joined me in leaving the Watchtower!!!

by AlmostAtheist 86 Replies latest jw friends

• doogie
    doogie
    it is no reason to leave off from serving Jehovah just because his people are not doing so.

and how is it any of your business what they do anyway?

if i was dave, i'd have some words for you regarding boundaries and other guys' wives...

• JH
    JH

Whatever you do, do it together.

• defd
    defd

if he would be that sensitive about it. He shouldnt have posted it for the world to see doodie

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Poor defd, can't get up the nerve to leave. Asks to be removed then recants. Now he has to slowly escalate until he's kicked out. What a shame.

The poster's name is not "doodie." If you can't remain respectful, your wish may come true.

OldSoul

• doogie
    doogie
    if he would be that sensitive about it. He shouldnt have posted it for the world to see doodie

clever. you're, what?...12? tell me again how people's personal religious beliefs have anything to do with you?

• defd
    defd

DOODIE we are on a RELIGOUS DISCUSSION BOARD!

• Scully
    Scully
    It makes me think that they are no different if not worse in some ways than were HIS PEOPLE back in ancient times...The Nation of Isreal and the Newly formed christian Congregations... They were still his people despite some of them not doing what is right in his eyes.

Eventually, though, the Bible makes it clear that Jehovah does not tolerate organizational failures forever. He holds the entire Nation of Israel (his "organization") accountable for the errors of "some people" in Jeremiah:

Rbi8 Jeremiah 7:29-31 ***

"Shear off your uncut hair and throw [it] away, and upon the bare hills raise a dirge, for Jehovah has rejected and will desert the generation with which he is furious. 30 ‘For the sons of Judah have done what is bad in my eyes,’ is the utterance of Jehovah. ‘They have set their disgusting things in the house upon which my name has been called, in order to defile it. 31 And they have built the high places of To´pheth, which is in the valley of the son of Hin´nom, in order to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, a thing that I had not commanded and that had not come up into my heart.’

Rbi8 Jeremiah 32:30-35 ***

"‘For the sons of Israel and the sons of Judah have proved to be mere doers of what was bad in my eyes, from their youth on up; for the sons of Israel are even offending me by the work of their hands,’ is the utterance of Jehovah. 31 ‘For this city, from the day that they built it, clear down to this day, has proved to be nothing but a cause of anger in me and a cause of rage in me, in order to remove it from before my face, 32 on account of all the badness of the sons of Israel and of the sons of Judah that they have done to offend me, they, their kings, their princes, their priests and their prophets, and the men of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem. 33 And they kept turning to me the back and not the face; though there was a teaching of them, a rising up early and teaching, but there were none of them listening to receive discipline. 34 And they went putting their disgusting things in the house upon which my own name has been called, in order to defile it. 35 Furthermore, they built the high places of Ba´al that are in the valley of the son of Hin´nom, in order to make their sons and their daughters pass through [the fire] to Mo´lech, a thing that I did not command them, neither did it come up into my heart to do this detestable thing, for the purpose of making Judah sin.’

If the entire nation of Israel - God's "organization" at the time - could be rejected on account of the wickedness of some Israelites (including "kings" and "princes" and "priests" and "prophets", people who were supposedly appointed by holy spirit) is it not also possible that Jehovah would deal the same way with corruption in the earthly organization today?

The people who survived the destruction of Jerusalem, were the ones who left that corrupt system.

Think about it. "Get out of her my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues. For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind." (Revelation 18:4)

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Think about it. "Get out of her my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues. For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind." (Revelation 18:4)

Good point, Scully. I now believe that scripture applies, at least in part to the Watchtower organization. Funny how one sees things differently with the blinders off, huh?

Jeff

• mouthy
    mouthy

Another one leaves the Dubs

ALL together now!!! repeat Quotes chorus!!!!! Wonderful to hear your good news friend.... Music to my ears. Another one released from bondage

• doogie
    doogie
    DOODIE we are on a RELIGOUS DISCUSSION BOARD!

SO BE IT! THIS WAS POSTED UNDER "FRIENDS". THERE IS ALSO A SEXUAL SECTION ON THIS BOARD... WOULD YOU ALSO NOW LIKE TO GIVE THE COUPLE SOME UNSOLICITED BEDROOM ADVICE? THEY ALSO DIDN'T ASK FOR THAT...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit