My wife has joined me in leaving the Watchtower!!!

by AlmostAtheist 86 Replies latest jw friends

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Nice to "see" you, FreedomFrog.

Defd, your trolly mug is showing again. Beware or others will finally notice.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    sometimes we feel guilt for good reasons.

Ah yeah, but this wasn't for good reasons... You can also feel guilt by others puttting it on you. And that's just what controlling religions will do. Put the guilt on you to make you follow their "rules". It's not only in the JW's but other places too.

• defd
    defd

i agree. but like i said in the past in here to many. it is no reason to leave off from serving Jehovah just because his people are not doing so.

• under74
    under74

<shakes fist at defd> look defd, his people represent him on earth right? Doesn't that make you think at all?

• defd
    defd

yes it does. It makes me think that they are no different if not worse in some ways than were HIS PEOPLE back in ancient times...The Nation of Isreal and the Newly formed christian Congregations... They were still his people despite some of them not doing what is right in his eyes.

• under74
    under74

I guess that's where we differ...I think if you aren't following whatever the word is you are not part of the "people". I don't go by generalizations.

• defd
    defd

thank you for such a honest and NICE reply under, it is much appreciated!

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    defd: The Nation of Isreal and the Newly formed christian Congregations... They were still his people despite some of them not doing what is right in his eyes.

And the Catholic Church. And the Anglican Church. And the Pentecostal Churches. And the Evangelical Churches. And the Mormons. They were still his people, despite some of them not doing what is right in his eyes.

defd, don't you know EVERY religion uses that line of reasoning? LOL!

BTW, you finally convinced me. You personally pushed me completely out. I am now an active apostate, seeking out opportunities to shake people out of their stupor. Does that make me less dangerous or more dangerous? Three in two weeks...wow! Four in two months! How many woman-hours does it take to make one Witness? Better get to work replacing them, defd, otherwise they'll be leaving faster than you can bring them in.

OldSoul

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Wow. Has it only been a year? It's good to bring threads like this back up to remind people that there is hope for their "faithful" JW family. Just a month or two before my wife stopped going to the KH, she was ratting me out to the elders for looking at "apostate" websites and reading "apostate" books.

The inner conflict got to her in the end though, and she got tired of playing the JW game.

Kwin

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Dave - I am nearly ecstatic with joy for the way things are working out for you!

The greatest blessing that the Father ever bestowed upon me was that when I left the borg, wifey came right along with me. I am just so happy that now you get to share that same blessing. It is so good to be free of the lies and hypocricy, but to have your life mate also break the bonds of slavery to the organization is terrific in the least!

And to have her headed off to a church to boot? Wow!

Have a drink on me! Congrats -

Jeff

[Edited to add that I didn't see the dates.... sometimes I am a dumb-a**.... but I still am happy for AA and FF - just didn't make the connection before...]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit