My wife has joined me in leaving the Watchtower!!!

by AlmostAtheist 86 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Dave,

that is the best news I have heard since... well since I think's wife left with him

Great job!!!

I am so proud of, happy for, and jealous of you.

CYP (cues up "Another One Bites the Dust")

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Ah the dangers of posting before reading all the comments. Quotes beat me to it.

Great minds quotes, great minds.

CYP

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

How's Freedom Frog? I miss that cute frog. Hope things have been getting better and better for her.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

(Yes, this is an old thread. My wife left months ago and joined JWD herself as FreedomFrog. Sorry for any confusion!)

Hey Leo,

She's fine, thanks. Busy with home-schooling Zach, taking care of Sierra (now 1 year old!), and running her pet loss support forum website, http://BrokenWingsForum.com She's busy, but she seems happy. We were talking just this morning about what a mess things were when we were trying to be JW's amid all the "life" that was trying to happen around us. What a relief to have shed all that foolishness.

I'll let her know you asked about her.

Dave

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Belated congrats .. heh-heh.

I had never even been to an anti-JW website at the time you posted this originally.

Wow ... how far we have come.

-ithinkisee

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Yes, I'm fine...lol. Been quite busy with home schooling and our 1 year old as AA said.

I was going back through these posts and it warms my heart to see all the love and positive thoughts you sent to my husband when he was very concerned. We haven't been this happy together since we've left the borg. No more guilt and agony because of "skipping" the meetings.

Thanks for asking about me...awwwww, I'm missed...hehehe.

Well, gotta get my son working on more school work. Love to all of you.

• defd
    defd

sometimes we feel guilt for good reasons.

• doogie
    doogie
    sometimes we feel guilt for good reasons.

and sometimes it's implanted, you goon.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    gumby: I wonder how many also would leave were it not for the consequences from family and friends.

I talked with a friend yesterday, revealing where I really am, and this person was extremely curious about what all I could not find support for. After asking me to slow down a could of times, I asked my friend whether their listener was slow today. My friend admitted to taking notes to research later for himself.

He said he and his wife have been having questions and serious doubts for a long time, but they were afraid to pursue them. Said my willingness to pursue them and the fact that I wasn't angry with some person in the congregation over some trifling offense is making him want to have the courage to do so, too. He kept saying, "I can't believe I am talking to an apostate. This isn't at all what I thought it would be like." I fully expected him to cut me off completely, but he called back twice during the day with more questions.

There are many more. Four out of the seven people (not counting elders or COs) I have talked to about my situation are on their way out, one of the others says he fully undersands and won't worry about me if there is an announcement read. Fear keeps them in place. The same situation existed in Jesus' day. (John 9:22) The Pharisees ruled with iron fists through fear of expulsion, too.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit