My wife has joined me in leaving the Watchtower!!!

by AlmostAtheist 86 Replies latest jw friends

• jws
    jws

Excellent news! There seem to be so many that aren't as fortunate as you. Congratulations!

• Balsam
    Balsam

I tell you there is nothing better than being able to help your family get out of the borg. Until they realize though they are in the borg is is painful and sad. I know when both my sons left the witnesses after I left I was so happy and pleased. Today we all are living happy ever after.

Ruth Baker

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Congratulations to you and the mrs. Dave,

I remember all of your posts and it is good that you two are in agreement. Now........how will her family take it?

Keep us posted and sail off on your new life.

HappyDad

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

That made my day AA. You must be so relieved.

You have managed something I can only dream about.

Congratulations to you all.

• archangel01
    archangel01

That is Great news and NIV in hand, Praise the Lord. Remember Jesus is Almighty God in the flesh ,read John 1:1 from a correct Bible like NIV. also The book of Isa. to prove the deity of Christ, you can even use there own bible to show the dubs. I think in cha 9 Jesus is called mighty God and in the very next cha (10) God the father is called mighty God the JW's won't point that out. also in cha 44 verse 6 it said there is only One God but in the JW's bible on john1;1 they put the letter "a" in there and therfore the dub's worship 2 Gods 2 many, they hate when I point that out to them. Take care, bye

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Congratulations AA "Dave" and Mrs. AA And Happy Birthday...

xjw_b12

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Boy are you lucky! My husband realized it was not the truth back in the early 70's, but hung on slightly for my sake until he stopped going to meetings entirely in the early 1990's. I was a very loyal JW although I do remember being a little disturbed by the 1975 fiasco. I hung in there feeling that the "generation" doctrine was still correct. It wasn't until 1998 that I finally faced the fact that it wasn't the "truth." All those wasted years! At one point we very nearly got a divorce. Don't want to go into detail, but it was awful. Somehow he stuck it out even though he was miserable, and he was making me miserable. When I finally saw the "light," I can't believe how it transformed our marriage. I don't know how many husbands would have stuck it out as long as he did. He's quite a guy, and I only wish I could have appreciated him sooner. Maybe I would have if we had the Internet sooner.

• tresbella
    tresbella

CONGRATULATIONS! We're all happy for you. Nothing like a happy ending. Keep those keyboards tapping people. We got many more souls to save!

• hoodwinked
    hoodwinked

Fuckin aces buddy! Congrats!! The best move you'll ever make in your whole life!! YAY!!!!!

Kiss those freaks goodbye! This chilled beer I'm drinkin just got a LOT tastier. Thanks Simon. You rock my man!!!!

Hoody

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Wandering around in some old threads and found this one. It's important to not forget how much help your friends have been.

Thank you, friends!

And to newcomers, take heart! Wifey joined me, and Kwin's wife also joined him in leaving. (He was only 'hoping' when this thread started!)

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit