Interesting conversation with a well known Elder in Brooklyn

by pratt1 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Jez
    Jez

What is this elder's name?

• lawrence
    lawrence

Yeah, we need the name, if we're going to pray for the poor SOB to win this week, right?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I live in Brooklyn, perhaps I know him. (Who knows, perhaps I know you) He may, in fact be the compliance officer errr..elder that came to visit me last week to hassle me because I have not been at a meeting in months.

• Mary
    Mary
    Last week at the public talk, an elder mocked the world's materialism, as people labour away to save "a million dollars". He laughed

I hope the asshole's still laughing when he's ready to retire and he doesn't have a pot to piss in, or a window to fire it out of..........we had the CO's visit a few months ago. He got up there and said "Brothers, do you feel that there's too many meetings? (Pause, then:) Aawww, that's too bad.......there should be MORE meetings to.....blah, blah, blah......."

I've played the lottery for years.....I've come close a couple of times too: I've won $2,200 and $1,500...........If I did win big, I wouldn't be around long enough to get axed......plus, I'd just tell 'em that it was a gift from my boss.....and seeing as there wasn't two eye witnesses to my buying the tickets, there's ain't nuthin' they can do about it.......hehe-heh-heh..................

• rocky220
    rocky220

If I were still a dub......and hit the lottery, just take the family and get out of town!!!!! What the heck! the Borg isn't doing a darn thing but keeping rank and file poor.....that's how they have control, keep them ignorant and poor so they can control their feeble little minds.....I hope the Elder does hit and keeps his mouth shut and get out from under the bulls..t.........[imho] rocky220

• Gerard
    Gerard
    His answer: I never planned on living to this age (mid 60's) me and my family are just not prepared for a comfortable retirement. Jehovah will understand.

No shit!?!?

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

Yeah, we need the name, if we're going to pray for the poor SOB to win this week, right?

I'm guessing it's J.R. Brown, or my old PO, Aaron Swan... :)

• observador
    observador

What an interesting exchange!

• sandy
    sandy

My siblings always get on my mother's case whenever they find out she is playing the lotto or sneaks off to Vegas.

When/If she hits it big you can bet your life their hands will be the first ones stretched open for some of the evil money.

• Quotes
    Quotes

I was going to comment on the hypocrisy, etc.

All I will say, though, is: HOW TRULY SAD. Yet another victim has wasted his life for this High Control Group. Another victim's life is ruined.

~Quotes, of the "trying not to chastise the victims" class
    http://quotes.watchtower.ca/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit