Interesting conversation with a well known Elder in Brooklyn

by pratt1 51 Replies latest jw friends

• pratt1
    pratt1

On my way home last night from work I ran into a prominent elder from Brooklyn. This guy is always featured at circuit assemblies and his family was presented as the model witiness family in the 80's.

Well imagine my shock and surprise when I realized that this dub had just bought a lottery ticket. Since I was unable to contain my silence I point blank asked him how could he "gamble" and still consider himself to be an upstanding active dub.

His answer: I never planned on living to this age (mid 60's) me and my family are just not prepared for a comfortable retirement. Jehovah will understand.

I am still amazed by his answer. Have any of you noticed that the faith of many long time dubs seems to be waning?

• shotgun
    shotgun

Unfreakin believable!

Jehovah is gonna smite his ass!

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Have any of you noticed that the faith of many long time dubs seems to be waning?

Yep. Its written all over thier faces. Really, really just sad.

M'

• Navigator
    Navigator

How sad! He is not the only JW who has not prepared for retirement and old age. Let's hope that their children will not feel too burdened because they must help. Jehovah will understand about the lottery ticket, but I doubt that the GB will.

• kls
    kls

Jehovah will understand. What the hell does that mean, "will understand" not the word,"does understand"is he going to go home and call Jehovah on the phone and explain the reasoning behind the lottery ticket.

So lets see when ever a JW decides to be human or worldly it is okay because Jehovah will understand.

Damn Hypocrites.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

And does this elder honestly think he has a chance of WINNING the lottery just because "Jehovah will understand"??? That's worse than calling it the Redneck Retirement Plan. Play for fun, not retirement. Poor deluded man.

Nina

• avishai
    avishai

I wonder if he's figgered out what would happen if he DID win. Would the BOE understand?

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

sounds like trust in Allah, but tie up your camel anyway thinking

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Instead of facing REALITY-- he donated his retirement fund to the WTBTS and the New System(tm) is not coming -- he escapes into another fantasy life that he will be magically saved...through the lottery. Typical thinking. Very sad. Grow up brother elder and get a second job on Tuesday and Thursday nights.

Give me a break. Jeboobah will understand. But he couldn't manage to keep his "organization" from misleading 6 million people. "Jehovah will understand that I was tricked and misled by Jehovah's organization" that's what he's really saying.

Damn fools.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    I wonder if he's figgered out what would happen if he DID win. Would the BOE understand?

Probably depends on how much of it he gave to the Worldwide Work

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit