A special message for everyone who was young in1969....

by Elsewhere 51 Replies latest jw friends

• anew
    anew

Wow is all I have to say I was two in 1969

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow
    you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things? .all evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years?

Elsewhere, this is really good - thanks for the proof of the Watchtower's past false prophecies, right there in their own misleading literature. Reading this magazine, those "defenders" of the Watchtower and Jehovah's Witnesses can't say it was just a few individuals who imagined they had been taught these things.

Of course, they also love to forget the bold statement that is clearly in their literature from years gone by: "Millions Now Living Will Never Die".

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I was still in the oven in May of 1969, didn't emerge until November

I guess that means I was about 4 months pregnant. I do remember being somewhat (that's an understatement) fearful about having young children during those final days before Armageddon.

I was seriously counting on never being 30...................now I am pushing 60.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I think I was 13.. I too remember thinking I would never turn 30, in fact I doubted I would reach my 20s in "this old system". I really bought it hook line and sinker.

barf

Sherry

• Dan-O
    Dan-O
    Man! If I could go back to 1969.

Yeah, me too. I could walk up to women wearing hotpants or mini-skirts & grab 'em by the thigh without getting slapped. Of course, I'd be 4 years old, so it's not like it would be as much fun ...

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Yeah...'69...the year I graduated high school...wanted to go to college but had been discouraged from it...my poor duped parents telling me throughout the previous years that I probably would never even graduate high school. Looking military/Vietnam in the face...they changed to lottery system just in time and I barely got above the picks. '

'69 in California...great period...hippies...San Francisco was terrific...even L.A. was mellower...left home...became worldly and knew I was destined for destruction so I experienced as much as I could...what the hell? I was gonna die anyway because I wasn't on the Watchtower Ark. Hitchhiked all over...worked in Tahoe...had a running partner,,,we watched each other's back...bought a chopper...owned several volkswagens...I was a cross between a biker and a hippy. Always wanted to be a Hell's Angel 'cause my brother was a Misfit and thought he was sooo tough...that's another story. Didn't get back to the "truth" until my second wife in the '80's. Oh yeah, first wife only lasted 3 months...I think it mighta' been a mistake...got married in the Bucket 'O Blood Saloon in Virgina City by a drunk J.of P. the day after April Fool's Day (she wouldn't go for April 1st-Ha!)...it was probably destined for falure huh?

-BONEZZ

• Mulan
    Mulan
    my poor duped parents telling me throughout the previous years that I probably would never even graduate high school.

I thought that too. I thought my children would never go to school in this system. Guess what? I have a granddaughter that graduated from high school last June.

Geez, how did we swallow that crap. I really believed it.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Omigosh...I can't believe I slept through Armageddon!!!

Wait a second. I have a creepy feeling. What if we're all just stuck in an "old heavens/old earth" slow burn time warp from which there is no escape until the final fade to black, while our resurrected clones are living happily ever after in the "new heavens/new earth" even as we speak??? Dammit. It's just not fair.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Oh man, this thread sickens me just thinking of all the wasted years of my life:

If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things? .all evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years? as a young person you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!
    -- Awake, 5/22/69, pg15

In 1969 I was working hard to graduate a year a head of my class, I did it! Only because my Dad wouldn't sign for me to get married and I was already engaged, date set invites sent out (my Mom's the JW's approval). My Dad said I had to graduate HS before he would sign, damn I should have waited that extra year, maybe, just maybe........sigh.

If you were alive in the late 60's like I was you'll remember the push from the Society to either remain single and serve the Lord (pioneer) or get married. Dating was frowned upon unless you were considering marriage. My first marriage was just one of hundred of thousands of teenage marriages which didn't work out, even though we gave it a good Christian try.

I remember too well the District Convention summer of 1968 where they had "the talk" that you shouldn't be dating for fun, but with a view to marriage. The article came out in the Watchtower in the spring of 1969. This one:

Watchtower 3/15/69 Living Up to Your Decisions

This had the biggest effect on my life, I doubt I would have rushed into marriage and maybe just maybe things would have been different for me. Guess I'll never know.

Like Mulan:

guess that means I was about 4 months pregnant. I do remember being somewhat (that's an understatement) fearful about having young children during those final days before Armageddon.

I was seriously counting on never being 30...................now I am pushing 60.

All five of my pregnancies I remember being fearful, "woe to the pregnant woman"........sure made being a young parent stressful in the B'org something I never will forgive them for.

Kate

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Wait a second. I have a creepy feeling. What if we're all just stuck in an "old heavens/old earth" slow burn time warp from which there is no escape until the final fade to black, while our resurrected clones are living happily ever after in the "new heavens/new earth" even as we speak??? Dammit. It's just not fair.

No, that's Days of Our Lives..................not that I watch it. Well, okay I do about once a month. Dumb storyline, but just what you mentioned above.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit