A special message for everyone who was young in1969....

by Elsewhere 51 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Man! If I could go back to 1969.
    Man! If I could go back to 1969.

Hey ! what a thought... What would I do? Just about everything.. I was one of that "Young in the sixties" group. At that time we never once considered that the 21st century would have us still in the Old System . We even were told by the WT (taking a lot from the beginnings of the ecology movement) that the world just could not sustain itself this long, anyway , whether or not God stepped in .

False information, false hopes castles in the air.. Young lurkers take note.. Do NOTswallow it NOW

[ I just caught up with Dansk's post in this thread, now I feel kind of humble]

• Balsam
    Balsam

Darn and I believed that nonsense. I wasted my youth chasing that new system dream of the the WTS. What I could do with that 30 years back now, I'd be a college graduate, have a profession and have lived a good deal better than I did during those years. Can't tell you how that brought back memories reading that. LOL How silly it all is.

Ruth

• Mary
    Mary
    all evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years? as a young person you will never fulfill any career that this system offers.

Gee, how nice to know I'll never be old in this System of Things.......funny, my grandmother was told that before WWII. She's long dead and my parents (who never thought us kids would even go to school), are now in their 70s. If anyone from Bethel is reading this: thanks for nothing assholes!

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

If anyone from Bethel is reading this: thanks for nothing assholes!

Ditto,

Yeah but you know the light gets brighter???

Will

• Satanus
    Satanus

If anyone from Bethel is reading this: thanks for nothing assholes!

I second that, you assholes!

S

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

What siicks out in my mind, was the almost effortless deniability jw's displayed after those very intense 5 or 6 yrs came and went. The passing of 1975 was but a little blip on the screen for the 'strong ones'.

Puts any politician's spin to shame. Not one iota of guilt or shame for misleading ten of thousands around the world. Wrecking emotions, finances, future earning power, all based on a little pipsqueek of a man (Freddie Franz) who prolificly wrote his way into being the MaHaRushti of all things prophetic and scriptural.

That damn man was truly evil.....his legacy is written in hearts of millions for poor duped souls. Iam one of them who fell for every word....my all time favorite was Freddy's Babylon the Great.......what a crock of babel that was!

I lapped up every word. What a fool I was!

DannyFool

• onacruse
    onacruse

Elsewhere, my dear fellow! I don't know whether I should thank you or just shoot you for posting that article! LOL

As I read every word, I remembered it, almost as if it was yesterday.

I may have a chance in the near future to meet a fellow, and friend, that I knew then (1969), who most vigorously advised me to go to college instead of Bethel, and also gave me financial opportunities that would have made me a millionaire several times over.

That article you posted was one of the cementing reasons that I ignored his advice. I distinctly remember, sitting in his laboratory, saying "I will not fornicate myself with this world."

If I do get the chance to meet him again, one of the first things I will say to him is "Barry, I should have listened to your advice."

But, ah well...such is life. "Life" doesn't ask you first if you want a flat tire; it just hands you one and says "Deal with it." And so, Kate and I continue on with discovering our new life together, and (to sardony the Biblical phrase): "at the end of each day, we call it good."

Craig

PS: Congrats on your new job!

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    What siicks out in my mind, was the almost effortless deniability jw's displayed after those very intense 5 or 6 yrs came and went. The passing of 1975 was but a little blip on the screen for the 'strong ones'

According to Ray Franz, around 1975 he pressed for the GB to make an apology to the rank and file. It wasn't until about 1981 that they acknowledged part of their deception with an article in the WT.

Will

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

That was the year I read Charles Darwin's "Origin of Species" and I was 8 years old. It was in the KH library. It made much more sense than any of the Watchtowers or other literature I read. I didn't know it at the time, but it opened me up to some other ideas. Curiosity always kills the cat. But I still was afraid for about 5-6 years because I kept saying "I've only got 4 years left before I am destroyed" because I wasn't baptized yet, and I was a bad girl. At least that's what they told me then. Then it was 3 years, then 2, then 1. Then... well, now you know the rest of the story.

Country Girl

P.S. Oh yeah, that's the year I also thought my first cuss word. I had to change my baby brother's diaper and just thought "damn." Then I said a prayer for forgiveness.

• squinks
    squinks

"I want my fig tree" HA! But I am sensing some bad attitudes and worse yet, independant thinking. I know you understand that ALL HONEST HEARTED ones blah, blah, blah. Did you ever notice that the WT is directed toward "ones" Ones what?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit