A special message for everyone who was young in1969....

by Elsewhere 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things? .all evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years? as a young person you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!
    -- Awake, 5/22/69, pg15
  • Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Well, I think that it is very clear from that article, that...

We are now living in the 'New System of Things'.

Regards,

Jim TX

• ApagaLaLuz
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Maybe the New System of Things happened invisibly in heaven... like 1914.

Perhaps the phrase "New Heavens and New Earth" is a clue that Armageddon is referring to a spiritual earth in heaven.

• Joe Bloggs
    Joe Bloggs

Just PROVES how INSANE the PEOPLE at WATCHTOWER really are!!!

Joe

• Princess
    Princess

Awake, 5/22/69, pg15

I was still in the oven in May of 1969, didn't emerge until November. I still think this truly is an earthly paradise my brothers and sisters, don't you agree?

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

I was born JW 1957 so i was 13 in 1969 i remember the article and the:"will U B alive in ' 75 hysteria".My dad was an elder and an "ass-whole"

They had insituted the 6 month max. study's for new recruits.The 'Truth' book with the 1914 generation profitcy was selling like hotcakes.

Start of puberty with all it's fallout in 6 months i was to be stricken with brutal unrelenting ulcerative colitis for the next 28 years.

Never never ever imagined in my worst nightmare i would see 2004 in 'this old system'.

For all you new recruits i stand as a witness of the watchtower's lies.

The watchtower lied and people died.

Watchtower liar this man on fire.Undaunted Danny

• bebu
    bebu

Maybe the New System of Things happened invisibly in heaven... like 1914.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!! Now it is all finally making sense!

bebu

• sf
    sf
    The watchtower lied and people died.

Sounds like a new slogan for a placard for the protest rally.

And gee Elsewhere, thanks for the memories.

sKally

• talesin
    talesin

::If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things

Hey, I resemble that remark. I truly believe I will never grow old. Unfortunately, my body doesn't seem to agree with my mind at all times!

But to be serious, this is a great quote, Elsewhere. I knew there was a reason for my dropping in today at this particular time. It's EXACTLY the quote I need for a discussion I plan on having with my parents! I'm sick of their smug, complacent arrogance and denial of the reality of what I was taught as a child. They can look it up in the bound volumes themselves. All I have to do is give them the reference you've provided.

Thanks. ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit