An experiment in self-empowerment - Any Volunteers?

by Frannie Banannie 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    when are u gonna try it, fran?

Which one, PD? If you mean the experiment in changing our speech style/tone, I'm figurin' on startin' officially next Monday (gives me time to practice...need lots of practice)

As for the reading of the Holy Scriptures under the Eidophone, I have no earthly idea how to construct one or where to get one. Do you? I'd sure be willing to check 'em out that way.

Interesting topic - and experiment.

I think this goes along with the concept that you can say things in a sweet voice to a cat (or dog), and they will think you are being the nicest person in the world... even though you are cussin them out. Since they don't really understand some of the words - they have to go on the 'tone' of your voice.

So, you could be saying (said in a sing-song voice) "I'm gonna rip your little head off..." the cat will purr and think "How nice!"

(And no, I'm not condoning harming animals... it's just something I learned years ago - and do - when I am playing with my animals... especially when they refuse to come to me... and no, I don't literally 'rip' their heads off. I pet them. *grin*)

There's a gal where I work who is able to pull off the 'sing song voice' thing... I laugh at her, and say... "There's that 'go to he**', voice, again!" She laughs too. But, there is more truth there than many folks realize. She will use that voice in conversations with the boss lady, and she thinks the gal is being just the sweetest thing!

In general... even if the 'experiment' doesn't seem to be 100% successful, I'm sure that folks will realize an improvement in their general well-being and life.

But - you may want to also try to eliminate 'negative' influences like the news media... which only broadcasts 'negative' stories... or would this be going to far... and missing the goal or point of the experiment?

Thanks, JimTx. btw, it isn't just the "tone" but the actual positivity of the words spoken that influences the patterns in the paste and sand. I wish it were only a matter of using that "go to hell" tone of voice (love that analogy). It's gonna be more difficult to rein the words.

I think you're right about the success of the experiment. It doesn't hafta be 100% successful to be a success. I'd just like to know if this really does affect our personal environments in any positive way, as I'm sure many others would like to know.

Thanks for the tip on the negative media influences. I'd thought about that and I figure it'll be a big plus in helping the volunteers achieve the desired affect.

Fran

• bem
    bem

OH Frannie I am so up for this!

Kewl beans, Terri! (grabs Terri by the hand and bounces along side by side doin' the "Cotton-Eye Joe")

And the experiment also! not just dancing with you and Terri !

I too have seen how the visual effect of positive affirmations written on paper can instill a good feeling!

I work with kids. There are two of that work with the kids three counting our boss and he interacts with the kids on a limited bases...Each of us agree totally with one another about the way we will care for the children ie...if Miss Sherri says something then thats the way I feel also. so don't ask her and if you do not get what you want then ask me thinking I'll over rule her...but even at that we each have a different "way" of communicating. S. is short and tempermental easily aggravated. our boss is the GOOD guy so he jokes a lot with the young'uns they think he is always kidding! I am patient and even when they/I know they need scolding I choose my words and actions carefully so as not to hurt there spirits. They will come to me every time they need something. I'm convinced they do it because of our reactions to them, tone of voice,sense of humor etc.

So count me in luv. I too give this idea a

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    OH Frannie I am so up for this!

And the experiment also! not just dancing with you and Terri !

I too have seen how the visual effect of positive affirmations written on paper can instill a good feeling!

I work with kids. There are two of that work with the kids three counting our boss and he interacts with the kids on a limited bases...Each of us agree totally with one another about the way we will care for the children ie...if Miss Sherri says something then thats the way I feel also. so don't ask her and if you do not get what you want then ask me thinking I'll over rule her...but even at that we each have a different "way" of communicating. S. is short and tempermental easily aggravated. our boss is the GOOD guy so he jokes a lot with the young'uns they think he is always kidding! I am patient and even when they/I know they need scolding I choose my words and actions carefully so as not to hurt there spirits. They will come to me every time they need something. I'm convinced they do it because of our reactions to them, tone of voice,sense of humor etc.

So count me in luv. I too give this idea a (star graphic)

Thanks, bem! Your work must be very gratifying, cher...love it!

I'm planning for us to begin officially next Monday after the weekend JWDers have a chance to see this thread topic (also give me time for LOTS of needed practice)

Hugs,

Frannie

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I'm fixin' to start a string of 7 12 hr days in a row, yall, so I'll only be posting briefly at night for about a week, starting today.

Frannie

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Hey Frannie....In a rush this morn, but want mark this so I could get back to this post. Was just listening to a Depak Chopra CD and he was talking about sound therapy and how different sounds resonate in different parts of yours body and can help to heal certain things that are out of balance in the system. Well, I am not sure--but it is an interesting theory. Anyway, there was a whole lot more to it than that and I will mark this one and come back to it later.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Okey dokey, Cybersista. Look fwd to hearing from you.

Frannie

• Valis
    Valis

Visible Sound. I. Voice Figures. (The Century; a popular quarterly. -- Volume 42, Issue 1, Mar 1891

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FQP/is_4475_129/ai_61201451

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

VERY interesting info, Valis. Thanks! Makes me wonder whether Hughes "Bogarted" the idea from Chladni or vice versa?

Frannie

• bem
    bem

Fran..I have given this thread a lot of thought today! look forward to the test! Indeed I love my job. But since I've moved to another town and drive too much. I'm looking for another job closer to my new home.

But then I'm thinking if I get the new job I'm after. I will need this experiment in about a month. well this will get me ready for it

• Dan-O
    Dan-O
    Have you ever notice that birdsong ceases during the summer months, except at dawn and twilight? When you're having a picnic in the woods or your back yard on a summer afternoon, you'll hear only an occasional, faint chirp from the top of the tallest trees. Have you ever wondered why?

I always figured it's because the cats are outdoors more in the summer, and they're likely to eat the birds. I kicked another bird's head & a couple of feet off the porch yesterday morning, along with a few stray feathers. That's about all that was left of the little goomer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit